Auroris

The Sanctuary Network - Join our story. Forge your own. [Active RPG]

Kle    122

Kyle nodded. "I guess you like a challenge then" he said quietly. His usual cheerful demeanour oddly absent. "I'll fill you in on the rest of the details. You'll be working with James "Kermit" Armstrong." Kyle sat down and began to fiddle with the ring pull on his beer can. "He is a loomie but he doesn't have much in the way of alliances. Before he came to us he was a freelance agent. Would kill anyone for monies." Kyle paused "He actually killed a Sanctuary Agent, but the information he had helped to resolve the issue and he was only willing to hand it over if he was given Sanctuary" Kyle let out a hollow laugh. "You've worked with him before. He was on his best behaviour then because he knew he was being monitored by us and the loomies. Basically he needs to realise that there's more to us then protecting him from his past mistakes. He needs to work with others and stop being a lone and dangerous agent..."

Kyle shuffled uncomfortably. "I'll let the payroll department known although you might want to arrange a meeting with him to explain before he storms into their offices and threatens to shoot them all." Kyle looked at Hreb "If there's anything you need let me know. I'd prefer to stay back, especially with this one, but I will help if you need it."

Hreb    48

Hreb had an odd reaction to the name, almost flinching, but he thought for a moment and relaxed. "OK, yes, I vaguely recall a smartass named Kermit.  If he ever went by anything like the Grey Crab,  I will need a lot more beer, plus a lot of tequila.  But I don't recall him bein' big enough to be the same guy."  Hreb looked at the ceiling.  "This is the one who killed you, so yeah. Let's keep you separated.  You're after him trusting Sanctuary, so you can't lie about me to him, So hmmm. I'll ask for his help with something that plausibly  requires his skillset, which seem to be finding and shooting people.   He can help me find Canto.   Talk to him a bit, then explain the situation. He's a Lumi, is he also a Bee?

Kle    122

"He is a lot of things..." Kyle sighed finishing the rest of his can and crushing it in a very deliberate manner. "I'm going to need more then just the one can for this..." he muttered as he went over to the fridge "Do you want another one?" Not waiting he threw another can in Hreb's general direction and wandered back to his chair.

"Look I'm obviously biased. It's tough for me to not give you one sided information. But that file. Even the actually does have information leaves out a lot about him... Stuff you should probably know." Kyle tapped his can clearly agitated. "It's quite a long story. So bear with me. Feel free to stop me if I'm sounding bitter at any point." He leaned back and put his feet up on the desk completely ignoring the tablet he had just crushed under his sneakers.

"So back when I was a teenager I was in a gang. I was more of a rebel then I am now." He smiled a little. "I was always getting into minor issues with the police. Nothing serious though." He sighed. "We had a guy who did proper graffiti. Like Banksy style. But there was always some... jerk who kept going over it with a really bad stencil of a Kermit the Frog. I guess you can see where this is going..." He sighed. "Our gangs got into a fight. Pretty bad. I may have lost my temper... I may have knocked seven shades of shit out of him..." Kyle took a huge swig on his larger. "He was in a coma for a long time.. It was only because nobody came forward to give evidence and the family didn't want Armstrong's "good name" ruined that I got away with the sentence I did."

"To be honest when the bees got me I kind of forgot about him. He was still in a coma at that point I think, or at least in no position to do any damage..." Kyle sighed. "Then when Sato, Auro's arch-nemesis, insert evil laugh here, came to taunt him he employed Armstrong as a distraction. Armstrong wasn't a bee yet. He was just a gun for hire. And he kidnapped Sophia, while she was pregnant with Felicia..." His fist crumpled around the can and it began to dent, realising what he was doing Kyle paused and took a deep breath before carrying on. "It was Sophia who persuaded us not to kill him. Well me mostly... He was handed over to Temple Hall and I lost track of him. Sophia went into labour shortly after I was sidetracked..."

"And he was gone. Not that I was fussed about finding him at that point. Once Sato was "dead", Armstrong was gone there didn't seem to be much point in chasing him. We figured the Hall still had him and the case was closed. Until Sato's Twitter account suddenly reactivated. It was threatening Auro again so nobody really paid much attention. It was obviously a fake. And then... the wedding party." Kyle shudders and goes silent for a moment

Hreb    48

“This is a multi beer story.” Hreb said judiciously.  The lager landed on him and he managed to not to drop it, he gave it a moment to settle and pulled the tab off.  He listened, not apparently upset by any bitterness, but he frowned at the bit about kidnapping, his usually sweet face severe for once, and his eyebrows went up at the Sato bit.  He winced in sympathy at the mention of the wedding.

“Hm. And at some point in there, he got a Bee and became a Lumi.”  Hreb thought for awhile, drinking his beer.

“Ok, I would like to know more about Sato and I need to see if Auro can get me the Lumi psyche profile on Kermit.  He’s kinda obsessed with you, turned things into about you about eight times talking to him last night.”

“It’s my experience that the super villains of the world like to reuse tools.  It’s almost a fetish with them. Just how dead is this Sato person?”

“Also.  Kermit?  Is this something I am failing to understand….a human thing?  Why the little green frog man from Sesame Street?”

Kle    122

"Sato is... Odd." Kyle said carefully "He's fixated with Auroris. His sister was traumatised and raped when she was at university. She was a promising law student. It was Auroris's brother who was responsible, it was horrific by all accounts but Auro's family pretty much whitewashed the whole thing." Kyle sighed "Since then he's been blaming Auro for what happened when his sister took her life. Especially because he wasn't there to help her." He looked sad for a moment. "Of course Auro was just a child. He had nothing to do with it. And being the only member of his family left he got all of Sato's anger" He looked at Hreb. "Sato made various attempts at getting to Auro, directly and indirectly. He even managed to get hold of Auro once. One of the first I think. After he escaped he was hunted down and shot by a third party and believed dead." Kyle looked up at the ceiling for a moment.

"He briefly made an appearance after my shooting because the guy who did it was using his name. But up until lately he's been keeping a low profile. Although he's been trying to make an offer to Auro which is... interesting in itself but another story."

"As for what we know about his skills, he seems to prefer getting others to do his dirty work and generally manipulates his way out of things. He's certainly a bee. His original assassin was very annoyed that they didn't use Anima Suppressant Bullets." 

Kyle paused and thought for a moment. "As for Kermit's phych profile. I can get you the ones we have, I can even talk to the loomie representative on the council but I doubt they'll give you the full picture. Officially, I can't condone getting information from Auroris. But it's up to you if you want to go that route. A word of warning though. He will call in that favour at some point. He calls them markers. I've kind of lost track how many I owe him. I would be amazed if he didn't add one if you asked him for information. Approach with caution. It's at your discretion. You have been warned..."

Kyle downed his larger and slowly began to crumple the can. "As for Kermit the Frog. Well he's just cute. Everyone loves the long suffering Kermit. I guess it's a human thing. Although I prefer Uncle Deadly myself." Kyle smiled. "I'm going to have to sit you down for a Muppet Marathon aren't I?" he laughed.

Hreb    48

"nonono, I know the Muppets, honest, I have also seen Star Wars and Lord of the Rings!  I am not culturally deficient!  Honest! I have five nieces and two nephews and they do their best.  Hm, so Sato is not dead.  MIss Piggy.  Gonzo.  Unless there's ice cream.

"Hell runs on favors.  I will be making my own judgements on Kermit but I am not human, and a human perspective on him, especially one as thorough as the Illuminati, might be very helpful.  I think it is worth a favor." Hreb looked judicious.  "I will pay what is asked, within reason." Hreb finished his lager and tapped the empty can thoughtfully on his forehead.  "Long suffering.  Hm, I could see him thinking that."

Kle    122

"He was under detention by the hall at one point. I can probably get some info from them if you want a different perspective. Although you know what they can be like." Kyle sighed. "Both Sato and Kermit have suffered in one way or another. But haven't we all? Sato is beyond our help and not really our concern unless he tries to recruit Kermit again, and knowing Sato he's not one to reuse old material. Kermit..." Kyle stared at the celing again. "If he can shift his focus away from me. Channel that anger into something more productive." Kyle shook his head "He might not be a lost cause. And that really pains me to say that"

Hreb    48

"Yeah, the Hall has it's head up its ass sometimes, but I'll take everything I can get.  Someone sharp might have interviewed him.  Do you have any idea where he got the anti-bee rounds?  I know you can get anti bee gas in Egypt.

"I can and have forgiven all kinds of things, but uselessness is the the thing I loathe about most of my Celestial and Infernal cousins or siblings.  They can be an arrogant murderous douche and I will accept them so long as they make themselves useful.  But I do not care if they are a sweet potato if they refuse to lift a finger and help out.  Being mercenary is fine, but you'd better be arsed to help somehow. A tad judgemental, I know, but this place is worth protecting.  The shit has clearly hit the fan, the Change of Ages shitstorm is well underway, time to step up to the plate and fight for the reality.  I hate Amir, I hate his whining, I hate his arrogant face, but if you get him moving, he will go help a little.  Not a lot, won't break the precious rules."  Hreb 's lip curls in contempt.  "One of the benefits to being damned.  You've already given the finger to the rules and your hands are no longer tied and you can do what needs doing.  Assuming you are inclined."

Kle    122

"Well from what he says and the fake Sato was spouting on Twitter, Kermit got the Anti-Anima rounds from him. Sato claims to have crafted them himself. Of course it's tough to tell if that's the truth." 

"Kermit handed over all the bullets and the gun when he handed himself in to us. Of course since then the number of bullets seems to be getting smaller by the day. "For research purposes" mostly..." He said while rolling his eyes.

"Again it pains me to say this but Kermit can be useful. Pointed in the right direction he does his job. He just needs to be honed a bit. And taught to maybe hold back a little so that he's not killing everything that moves" Kyle picked up the phone "Hi? Can you send over Mr Sheerman please. We have to discuss some training." There was a pause. "Well now ideally but as long as I get the info I need I guess he can arse about if he wants" Kyle held the phone away from his head while the voice in the other end was extremely vocal about Kyles attitude. "Thank you" he said eventually when the yelling had finished. "I can't wait to see him again."

Kyle returned his attention to Hreb. "So while we wait on our Templar friend, what do you plan to do with our friend Kermit?"

Hreb    48

"I'm gonna have him help rescue someone, if we can.  He's good at finding people to kill them, finding someone is what's needed.  See if he likes being a big damn hero.  There's a young Templar possessed by a demon, gone AWOL, I got a priest with some serious god mojo ready but we can't find her.  I'm really worried about her." Hreb rubbed his stomach as if it hurt ad sighed.  "Actually you did me a huge favor by taking on my contract, I am no longer tied by the order to not involve other factions, and I can get Kermit and ED's detectives working on it.  It's been weeks, I think something fishy is going on, normally Team Red would have been all over this."  Hreb sighed.  "She may wind up here needing Sanctuary.  I hope not, but something weird is up with this and until that's rooted out, she might need protection.  Reminds me, need to find Dr Caine's number."