Auroris

The Sanctuary Network - Join our story. Forge your own. [Active RPG]

Kle    122

"Sounds interesting. I can see him being a handful though. He's not used to working with others." Kyle smiled.

"As far as the young Templar, she's always welcome here. She doesn't need to be in trouble. We take anyone regardless of situation. Hell they took me" Kyle grinned. There was a knock at the door. "Come in" he said laughing slightly. The representative from Temple Hall walked in and sighed as he took in the rooms occupants.

"Hudson, Hreb." Sheerman said as calmly as he could manage.

"Oh don't be so formal Roman" Kyle grinned "Grab a seat take a weight off those legs" Roman stood there looking mildly annoyed

"You called me. I presumed it was important. Why is Hreb here?" He said with no hint of malice, more annoyance.

"Fine be like that" Kyle grinned "Hreb is here because he's preparing for his new mentee, and we'd like your help."

"I fail to see how I can. I have as much access to the Hall's records as you do."

"Really? Well that isn't true." Kyle laughed "For a start you wouldn't be here if you had the same access as me. And when did you become all suspicious? I thought we'd reached an agreement?" Roman glared at Kyle, for now he completely appeared to be ignoring Hreb.

"I got into a lot of trouble after your disciplinary Hudson. The Hall wanted you off the Council. My vote did not go as they planned, I had to do a lot of purswading..." Kyle raised an eyebrow. "What is it you actually want?"

"Nothing too big. The Illuminati will help us out one way or the other but it's always nice to get the full picture if you get my drift. Besides you know what they're like when it comes to paperwork..." Kyle grinned appealing to Roman's inner Templar. "But I'm sure Hreb can explain it better than I can" Roman begrudgingly turned around and looked at Hreb.

Hreb    48

At the knock at the door Hreb sat up straight and hid the beer cans with the guilty urgency of a kid hiding contraband from a parent.

He listened quietly and as Roman turned to him he said "Hallo Sir, well, I am gonna mentor this Kermit fellow.  I understand he was retained at the Hall for a time.  It's not just the records or evaluations I need but I kinda need to know something about who evaluated him.  Some people are better judges of character than others.  The Illuminati approach will be a three inch high stack of multiple choice psyche eval tests.  The Templar will be personal interviews.  I'd like to know if he's high on the psychopathy scale, but I figure the Templar interviewer is most likely to see into his soul, assuming the interviewer is worth a damn.  I won't know much about the interviewer unless by chance I know them, but you might be able to find out for me what their reputation is like?"

Kle    122

Roman raised an eyebrow. "You have started working with the Muppets? Will Miss Piggy be recruited next?" He sighed. "I do not know if I have access to those details but I will see what I can rustle up. Not for your sake I should add." He said glaring at Hreb "Or yours either Hudson" Kyle grinned "This is because I have taken a risk here. There is a lot of interest in your actions now you aren't directly under our control. A certian amount of that comes back on me. I don't have the time to deal with extra inquisitions" He sighed before eventually turning to Kyle. "Forward me the details and I will send you what I can find without ruffling to many feathers" He walked toward the door "May I go now?" Kyle nodded

Hreb    48

Hreb watched Roman leave with as much dignity as he could muster, then did a four second little victory dance while seated. "That went well!" He pretended to be dignified again with all the aplomb of a cat that has fallen off a sofa then changed moods to somber quicksilver fast.  "Ugh I hope we find Canto."  He thought for a moment. "And that Kermit and ED manage not to kill each other.....or the priest."

Hreb shifted to wry. "That priest is something else.  Clearly rather make firewood outta me, but he'll work with me when it's obvious it need doing.  I like him?  But man, he's a dick.  Keeps calling poor Canto a Jezebel, I wonder if he isn't in the preisthood cause he's a dedicated woman-hater."

Kle    122

Kyle seemed to think to himself for a moment. Eventually he said "As much as I hate to admit it he is good at finding people. He found Sato, Sophia, Me.." He went quiet. "He can be useful. If anyone can find Canto he can. Just keep him in check. Even if it requires hitting him over the back of the head with a lead pipe." Kyle laughed "Of course I can't actually condone that" he winked. 

"I'll make sure you get any files about Kermit I get hold of. Is there anything else you need while we're here?" Kyle leaned back again. 

Hreb    48

"Whatever it is that people are good at...it's what they do with it that matters.  Nearly any talent can be used for good or ill.  And people are usually good at more things than they know.  Just...gotta convince them to try."  Hreb sighs deeply.  "Maybe he'll be motivated by a burning desire to outdo ED.  Maybe they'll claw each others throats out and become the best of buddies.  You never know with people that grumpy.  I'm sticking to introducing him to sturdy people for the most part."  Hreb flopped back on the couch and closed his eyes, thinking.  "I'm kinda like made of PTSD, but I think the Latvia thing made me a little extra.  We won, evil fungus lost, but it was nasty.  I think I'm doing a pretty good job of not coming unglued."

Kle    122

"I read the report. It sounded... Tough." Kyle paused "We have people you can go to if you need help post mission, you don't need to try and keep yourself together with sticky tape and thumb tacks. We look after people here. Unlike... other places." Kyle mutters.

"As for Kermit, if anyone can help him I'm certain you can." Kyle paused "I know he's not the easiest first person to mentor and our... history doesn't help but you have a way with people. Even..." Kyle sighed "Tough nuts, like him. I'm trying to be restrained here. I know that of the two of us I'm the lucky one." Kyle leaned back on his chair and stared at the ceiling for a bit. "I guess in an odd way he deserves a chance. An opportunity to get the things I was lucky enough to get" He leaned forward and the chair made a thudding sound on the floor. "He needs someone like you. I sure as hell wouldn't be much use."

Hreb    48

"My usual method is to lie face down in a pitcher of margaritas on a Mexican beach for a few days, but I'll try that.  I might work better. Hope my therapist is a stout one."  Hreb laughed gently.  "And maybe not too religious."

"I dunno if you should think of it as deserving a chance so much as use of weapons.  If someone can be made useful, it's all to the good, and if it saves them from being a useless waste of space or outright menace, so much the better.  One of the things I've noticed about Illuminati is that they groupthink that being a good person is a weakness and that being self centered is a strength.  So I won't really be selling Kermit altruism till he's already swallowed it wrapped in self interest. On a broader scale, I suppose we are offering him a chance for redemption that he may or may not deserve. But that's the thing. You can never ever repay what you owe, good or ill.  I think Faquan, the monk would argue that's what karma is.  I don't know if I buy karma, not after what I been through.  I try, but I just can't.  Far as I can tell all you can ever do is choose your paths out of what's in front of you, and maybe pay it forward, make the world a better place with what you have.  But, I am biased.  I like this world.  It is beautiful beyond measure and the alternatives are terrible." Hreb smiled, pure and sweet.