Shivvies

DPS Signets and You

Shivvies    59

​A bit offtopic, but I'll question your choice of a deck.

Hammer/Blade tanking might be more trouble then it's worth if you got an untested team or some wildcard dps in there. If your total raid dps is low and one or two dps significantly stand out hammer might not build enough hate. You'd have to switch to like Blade/Fist. If you go Blade/Fist you'd want Fury on blade.

You know your team, so you'll know better. Just saying.

​For future reference, I always welcome suggestions especially from people with much more experience than me. 

This is good insight, thanks :)

Cheers!

albahtar    35

​A bit offtopic, but I'll question your choice of a deck.

Hammer/Blade tanking might be more trouble then it's worth if you got an untested team or some wildcard dps in there. If your total raid dps is low and one or two dps significantly stand out hammer might not build enough hate. You'd have to switch to like Blade/Fist. If you go Blade/Fist you'd want Fury on blade.

You know your team, so you'll know better. Just saying.

I dont understand why it wouldnt build enough hate... would you care to elaborate what kind of builds you assume on both blade/hammer and blade/fist? Is that a matter of hate builders?

Pclav    33

I dont understand why it wouldnt build enough hate... would you care to elaborate what kind of builds you assume on both blade/hammer and blade/fist? Is that a matter of hate builders?

​It's a matter of hate builders [Blade Torrent will generate more hate], complexity of the hammer deck [lining up momentum, fury and ef while having to keep track of whisper stacks] and Blade/Fist has sling blade for more hate.

However those are secondary things. With a high damage and/or balanced team you'd be ok no matter what builder you use.

What starts to be a problem is when one or two dps are significantly higher then others.

Depending on how much hate the tanks can generate and how long the fight phase lasts you'll start running into trouble sometime around the 1:30 min mark. That's when ~4k dps die*. If you're closer to a 2 min mark and still in the first phase then most likely any 3k+ dps will die any second. It's simply because tanks cast too many confuses by then. Going blade with a better hate builder would give you that time for one extra agro swap.

This is rather general, but you have to remember that both tanks play a role in this so It's very hard to be specific. If your first phase takes less then a minute you can use whatever as your builder if you and your fellow tank deal enough dps.

Hammer/Blade

VDM%-%6347501%-%6837799%-%5780051%-%5779785%-%7494891%-%7494898%-%7080581%-%undefined%-%7494890%-%7094290%-%7080855%-%6943080%-%6368910%-%6307518%-%6942479%-%undefined

Blade/Fist

VDM%-%5779785%-%6942572%-%5780051%-%7080588%-%7494891%-%7494898%-%7080581%-%undefined%-%7494890%-%7094290%-%7080855%-%6943080%-%6368910%-%6307518%-%6942479%-%undefined

One tank sets debil, other sets afflicted. I also seen raids where only 1 tank sets exposed, but you'd need dps who can burn through a bird really really fast.

Edited by Pclav
  • Like 1