Shivvies

DPS Signets and You

Shivvies    59

OK. Been looking for an answer to this for a while now.

Every single guide I read says "Laceration on head" and either I am missing something or this does not make sense mathematically.

I know it is the most expensive so it is better to have one purple on head for flexibility but I am using only blue signets (long story, I will always be broke as I give stuff away) and have 4-5 lacs.

Shouldn't it be better to have Abuse on head, Laceration on builder weapon with crit rating on and maybe aggression or another lac on the ef weapon with crit power?

Lac has 15 seconds uptime and 15 seconds cooldown. 30 seconds is a looooong time for a fight to last.

Am I missing something?

Cheers!

Ciritty    169

OK. Been looking for an answer to this for a while now.

Every single guide I read says "Laceration on head" and either I am missing something or this does not make sense mathematically.

I know it is the most expensive so it is better to have one purple on head for flexibility but I am using only blue signets (long story, I will always be broke as I give stuff away) and have 4-5 lacs.

Shouldn't it be better to have Abuse on head, Laceration on builder weapon with crit rating on and maybe aggression or another lac on the ef weapon with crit power?

Lac has 15 seconds uptime and 15 seconds cooldown. 30 seconds is a looooong time for a fight to last.

Am I missing something?

Cheers!

The cooldown of laceration is the same as the duration, all it means is that you can't refresh the buff during its uptime. :P 

Even with just blues stick lac on head as you wait for your epic lac :)

• Like 1

Shivvies    59

Then again, Laceration on both weapons with Abuse on head as you WILL crit every 8 seconds - meh, I should stop thinking when I'm under the influence of pain medication I suppose.

Don't mind me.

albahtar    35

Then again, Laceration on both weapons with Abuse on head as you WILL crit every 8 seconds - meh, I should stop thinking when I'm under the influence of pain medication I suppose.

Don't mind me.

​well, I guess it may be optimal over Lac on head, but much more expensive too ^^

• Like 1

Shivvies    59

Yeah, of course. If money is not your concern though, Abuse on head and Lac on weapons? Anyways, I shall keep using Lac on head for now, when I have 200-300 mil to spare I'll experiment with it at around 9 quid (3 signet extractors) a combination :P

Cheers...

Pclav    33

Then again, Laceration on both weapons with Abuse on head as you WILL crit every 8 seconds - meh,

​Only 1 lac will proc at a time and those wont stack. It's a waste of a signet slot imo.

The rest is deck specific.

SG/pistol - lac on sg seems pretty much the same, but if you use aggression or abuse on head and one of the last Shootout hits procs it you pretty much lost the signet for this and next rotation. Lac on pistol means that every other rotation first hit from Shootout wont have lac buff.

Things like that.

Fist/blade which people use for long fights. Having lac on blade and fury on head is the same as fury on blade and lac on head. You micromanage Fury anyway. Having lac on fists is a risk that the one fist attack you do won't crit and you'll loose the buff completely for the whole rotation.

Blood/Ele with lac on ele should be a real gain. Lac is easier to proc then any other commonly used dps signets.

• Like 3

Shivvies    59

Another Q in line with this then.

For "tanking" NYR I'm putting together a new set aiming at around (650 hit) 950 penet, some crit power on talis and crit power on hammuh and blade. Can't decide what to put on weapons and head and was thinking Fury on builder (hammer), Agression on blade and Lac on head. Can't find a place for Breaching (the other tank has it but I'm not sure about the uptime).

Some insight before I decide to let my diploma become a permanent cat bed rather than temporary? :P

Pclav    33

Another Q in line with this then.

​You'll be ok with that. Don't worry about breaching if the other tank has it. Breaching is 7s duration and 7s cooldown so as soon as it's effect expires it can proc again. As long as the other tank has some decent pen on him your raid shouldn't loose much.

• Like 1

Pclav    33

Can't decide what to put on weapons and head and was thinking Fury on builder (hammer), Agression on blade

​A bit offtopic, but I'll question your choice of a deck.

Hammer/Blade tanking might be more trouble then it's worth if you got an untested team or some wildcard dps in there. If your total raid dps is low and one or two dps significantly stand out hammer might not build enough hate. You'd have to switch to like Blade/Fist. If you go Blade/Fist you'd want Fury on blade.

You know your team, so you'll know better. Just saying.

Edited by Pclav