KutouCoven

Looking for advise on build and gear.

KutouCoven    1

Thank you for your time and sorry if this isn't the right area for this.

I got most everything figured out, but there two abilities slots i'm not really sure what to do with and i'm not sure which glyph and signet to use so i'll like some outside opinions on it.

Information dump 

My solo build

passive 
circulation
iron maiden
sweetspot
blood sport
advantage me
Rapid getaway
immortal spirit

actives
Bloodshot
Contaminate
Expulsion
Turn the tables
The business
start & finish (thinking of replacing with big forty five once i get the AP)
win-win

aux
diamond grit
degradation

Attack

The business as my builder, Bloodsport apply affliction activating both circulation and iron maiden.

use Bloodshot after every two shoots to keep Rapid getaway active plus extra affliction due to affliction.

once five resources for pistol have been build then i use start & finish/big forty five

Defense

I use diamond grit at the start for add protection and reflect some damage, after it is gone i active Expulsion and allow my HoT to build back up my health. Turn the tables for a quick heal when needed. General HoT from passives.

Gear-wise

Head=Heath

rest=DPS, as Expulsion is based off it and diamond grit and turn the tables are unaffected by heal rate.

Question time.

Right now Win-win and Contaminate are doing very little with my build. Win-win allows for the shacking off of some debuff but high cooldown make it a bit useless most of the time as enemy quick reapply them on me and Contaminate bugs healers.

So are there any abilities would be a better fit?

glyph-wise

I'm thinking

Boosting crit and pen rating as it will boost damage a bit and keep the passive going.

Boosting magical and physical protection, giving me a higher Defense and letting iron maiden and Rapid getaway trigger sweetspot, advantage me, and immortal spirit.

Signets-wise 

With the purple gear from Tokyo and issues 7, plus 6 once i have the money for it, i'm think either boosting attack rating, boosting health, or a mix of both.

If you made it this far thanks again for you time and answers.

Pclav    33

You have 4 healing passives and 0 heal rating making them useless.

Get some heal rating [try with 1 major or maybe 2 minors], keep Immortal Spirit and Circulation.

I'd focus on hit and pen to increase my damage and I'd add some damage passives. Since you build with TB Sudden Return will be a good pick.

You don't have a single AoE ability.

You can swap to Hair Trigger [will still work for procing Sudden Return] add Finish The movement and spam Cleansing Drone [if you want cleanses], Start and Finish and some pistol chain AOE consumer. Or you can Use Bond Strong Bond to cleanse yourself, Sticky Drone to set hindered and move to the mobs back and use Set 'Em Up to get more blood resources for more Bloodshots.

KutouCoven    1

Thanks, Pclav

I was use Expulsion and diamond grit as a semi AoE, reflecting damage from diamond grit back and the explosion from Expulsion, so I'll try adding in a proper one.

So i was separating up my attack damage, using gear, and heals, using passive, i'll trying mixing them a bit more.

Never used hair trigger before, FTM would allow the use of Bloodshot after every use so i'll give it a try and plus maybe Cleansing Drone.

OK so what would a good pistol AoE be, or blood but pistol would due to heavy use of Blood shot?

Side note i was missing up dark potency activation with iron maiden so Pen is a much in this build.

Pclav    33

If you use hair trigger and FtM you'll build 2 pistol res and 1 blood. You'd have to swap to bloodline to build 2 blood resources.

If you add some heal gear those 2 HoTs will heal you for as much as the 4 you have at the moment with no heal gear.

If you swap to Bloodline you can change your elite to Cardiac Arrest and use Guts and Gory for your AoE consumer granting you a 45% pen chance on top of the Iron Maidens 15%.

If you stick with pistols you can use Set 'Em Up if you use hinders [sticky drone I mentioned], Semi Auto if you can live with a channel [will give you more chances to proc Sudden Return or One in the Chamber] or simply Wanted.

Edit: I myself use Pistol/Ele or Blood/Ele, both pistol and blood are a bit sucky when it comes to AoE. At least for my playstyle. Plauge + Guts and Gory is an amazing combo tho. You might want to add Cannibalize to it so you can follow up with a second GnG or some bloodshots.

Edited by Pclav
  • Like 1

KutouCoven    1

FTM build resource for your primary weapon, so having blood as my primary would build it up by 2 with Hair trigger.

But yeah i'll be trying out so heal gear soon.

Pclav    33

Your main weapon is the one you're using atm, so if you're using hair trigger (pistol) that is your primary weapon, if you're using bloodline then blood is your primary weapon. Slots in which you actually have the weapons on have nothing to do with it. 

KutouCoven    1

This really has been a big help, i mean i was already soloing Tokyo so it not like my deck was a fail but this did help refine it a bit.

i killed the crit side of passive, replacing Rapid getaway with contortionist, sweetspot with sudden return, advantage me with dark potency, Contaminate with deadly aim (to crit heal if needed) and start & finish with big forty five

still no AoE but really after the nerf, i may be better off just taking them down one by one.

• Like 1