KierDrakeson

What is you most memorable moments in gaming?

KierDrakeson    21

Everyone has them right? You know those moments that even months or years later you still remember. Be it because of epic coolness or frustration or because the story/game play resonated with you. This is mine.

To set the stage first let me tell you that I spent months playing Mass Effect. I carefully thought about every choice before I made it, and I was so hyped that my choices with this character were going to be carried over into the next game. I mean that was the most awesome thing I had ever heard of. I was so in grossed with the story I made sure that when the second game was coming out to avoid all spoilers. I rushed out and bought Mass Effect 2 the day it released came home and loaded it up to play. Finally the amazing story was going to continue, I will admit  I was literally siting at the edge of my seat I was so excited. The game loaded and the opening cinematics began and first off here are two people talking about my Shepard, mentioning some of the choices I made in the first game and finally there is the Normandy. I could not help but smile when I saw the Normandy, no other game has ever gotten me to care about a ship like it it was one one of the characters before, to the point that when it was attacked moments later I actually got angry, then having to watch as it gets torn apart by this strange alien ship was heart wrenching. But what really got me, is what happened to my Shepard. This character I had spent months playing in the first game, all that care put into carefully considering every choice he made and now he is....

Killed by being blown out into space

within the first 30 minutes of the game. I just stared at the screen I could simply not believe it. In those first moments I got so angry that I shut the game off and walked away. It wasn't until several hours later that I came back and started up the game again and was able to go on to enjoy the game after all.

Pclav    33

Neverhood.

And those 50 or so screens you had to walk to get that one tape. And then you had to walk back... -.-

For those who never played the game

• Like 2

Kle    122

Actually ME 3 was has to be the game that packed the biggest emotional punch. 

What happened to Mordin in my version... I really liked that guy and watching him attone  for his races actions made me sad. 

However he did give me this happy moment too so it balances out I guess. 

Edited by Kle
  • Like 1

KierDrakeson    21

Actually ME 3 was has to be the game that packed the biggest emotional punch. 

What happened to Mordin in my version... I really liked that guy and watching him attone  for his races actions made me sad. 

However he did give me this happy moment too so it balances out I guess. 

​-grins- Yeah I loved Mordin too. The crew of the Normandy are some of the best npcs I have ever seen. That is one of the reasons I love TSW so much, the npcs are great they stick with you. They are memorable instead of cookie cuter cut outs.

• Like 1

Ciritty    169

Neverhood.

And those 50 or so screens you had to walk to get that one tape. And then you had to walk back... -.-

For those who never played the game

​Wait this didn't start with skull monkey's? cool :P

RE: Mordin

- Love that I was a Renegade. No !@#$ way I was going to let him do something stupid like that :P 

Edited by Ciritty

Ciritty    169

For me it's FF7 Aeris. I'm still in shock... how many years later? :D I know classic :P but that was simply the worst thing a game has ever pulled!

• Like 1

KierDrakeson    21

For me it's FF7 Aeris. I'm still in shock... how many years later? :D I know classic :P but that was simply the worst thing a game has ever pulled!

​Oh god yes, will admit I played through the rest of the game convinced that some how she was going to come back, but she never did :(

Anothe one for me was in mass effect one, when you have to make the choice in the cloning plant. I went through several stages with that one. First shock : Wait what?: second denial: This can't be right. third bargining: There has to be some way around this, maybe if I do this? fourth acceptance: Sorry Kaden R.I.P

Was the first time a game had ever made me make a choice like that.

Vikestart    106

Wow, this is hard.... :P I think I'm gonna have to agree with @Kle though. Mass Effect 2 and 3 were two very emotional games for me. Yes.... I cried..... multiple times... >_>

I'm the kind of guy that cries from sad movies, etc. :ph34r:

• Like 2

albahtar    35

Tough one indeed... I'll go for something personal, since I would not be able to choose between all the many games I played in 20 years.

Brutal Legend did a trick on me, the atmosphere, fuelled by the heavy metal soundtrack, catalyzed the story's reach (especially the romantic side - tip of the iceberg). The mid-story twist broke my heart, and afterwards I did not take any sleep and completed the game in one sitting, out of passionate hope.

\m/

Edited by albahtar
  • Like 1