KierDrakeson

What is you most memorable moments in gaming?

Kiernon    68

Oh ye gods, there's so many of those. What to choose, what to choose?

To start with the vague, one of the memories that will always be with me is the first time clearing a raid in my first MMO. Defeating Ragnaros in WoW to be precise, as one of the only four people left standing no less. That moment when Ventrilo exploded into cheers is going to stay with me.

On to the PvP side of "did that just happen?" Dark Age of Camelot on the (EU) Lyonesse server, a friend and I had been farming in Darkness Falls he on a Reaver, I with a Friar. Both of them PvE characters so we were at a rather low Realm (PvP) Rank, RR5 I think.

We were just about to call it a day, my friend was actually in the middle of logging out and I was going through my bags.

As soon as my friends character disappeared I'm hit by a stun, a Nightshade (think caster rogue) decided I was an easy target.

I survive the initial 5 second stun with half of my health and begin to wail on him with my staff.

To those not familiar with DAoC, Friars work a lot like TSW survival builds if specced for it. A lot of the staff styles add a heal over time effect or simply heal on hit if the position and combo requirements are met.

Strangely the Nightshade sticks to melee range so what follows is 3 minutes or so of us exchanging blows. My health effectively isn't going up or down while I slowly whittle his health down to 10% or so. We're both out of significant cooldowns, he decides to run. He finally has the notion of rooting me and runs, 15 meters later his remaining health is melted by a Heretic that happened to be on the way to the exit.

The sheer amount of realm points I got for the kill prompted me to look up what rank he was, turns out I won against a RR12. In terms of power the gap between our realm ranks was huge.

And he could've won that fight easily, if only he kited me instead of going melee.

On to "WTF am I doing and why is this so awesome?". Antichamber. Don't spoil it with videos, play it.

On to "plot tweest"

Plot twist: there is no recount of a memorable plot twist. There's just too many to choose from and it's hard to not spoil anything.

• Like 2

albahtar    35

Antichamber. Don't spoil it with videos, play it.

Ok, that has been sleeping for too long in my library... downloading it.

DAoC tales sounds so cool... such a shame.

Shivvies    59

Game-centric, it is (they are?) definitely half of Beyond Good & Evil. No writing in any kind of game ever impressed me that much.

Accomplishment-wise, when I completed UVHM in Borderlands 2 with Krieg using no gear at all.

Cheers!

• Like 2

camazotz    110

I'd go with the twist in Bioshock.....but umm I'm forgetting more games than i remember.  It's the one that stuck with me though.  After reading all these thoughts and memories though I seem boring :P

• Like 1

KierDrakeson    21

A TSW moment.

I still remember the first time my wife and I set foot inside of a TSW dungeon for the first time. It was over a year ago when we had just started playing TSW off and on and we had just gotten our characters to QL10. Both of us were using the premade decks from the ability wheel screen, and we had been in mind set for awhile that we soloed everything with just the two of us in MMO's simply because of bad dungeon experiences in other games. So we do not do dungeons in MMO's unless we can do them duo by being over geared or over leveled. Anyway we took our shiny new QL10 greens into Polaris, and at first it seemed doable we made it past the first two bosses with only one death, the second fight got us with the adds. Then we went up against the big crab guy and he thoroughly kicked our *** until we finally gave it up. Neither of us has set foot in a dungeon since.

I have recently been watching the Otterdown stream, and the way they are in dungeons has gotten me to start to reconsider dungeons in TSW. Maybe it is time I give dungeons another chance with a group.

• Like 1

camazotz    110

I have recently been watching the Otterdown stream, and the way they are in dungeons has gotten me to start to reconsider dungeons in TSW. Maybe it is time I give dungeons another chance with a group.

​If I'm on, send me a shout out.  There are like 5 people i chat to regularly, but if they aren't on, I'm mind*beepingly*bored, and usually playing the "inventory sort" mini game :P I think i should have an achievement for that by now.

It's funny, when this game first launched, I was a lone wolf anti-social soloer.......now I'm left solo for more than 5 mins, I'm smashing my head on the keyboard from being bored :P

• Like 1

Auroris    160

​If I'm on, send me a shout out.  There are like 5 people i chat to regularly, but if they aren't on, I'm mind*beepingly*bored, and usually playing the "inventory sort" mini game :P I think i should have an achievement for that by now.

It's funny, when this game first launched, I was a lone wolf anti-social soloer.......now I'm left solo for more than 5 mins, I'm smashing my head on the keyboard from being bored :P

​Have you considered eating tacos?

• Like 2