KierDrakeson

What is you most memorable moments in gaming?

camazotz    110

OK a TSW memorable moment;

gaming session tonight.

Ended up answering a call for people to help someone wanting to learn tanking.  Unequipped most of my gear (so i was only wearing the purple weapons) so they could really learn and away we went.  The highlights of this being;

• Being the only one to fall to MT got everyone laughing (yes even me)
  • The three manning of DW was pretty funny
  • Picking up a rather kick-ass heals for he later dungeons was cool
  • Seeing someone who just wanted to learn tanking grow into the role

Then after disbanding and going on our separate ways, I was about to leave......our healer called out in chat for help in Kaidan - so of course I looked at the time, laughed and whooped "'ll take the case!"

net result of this night? 2 kick ass players on the friends list, with understanding that if the (death)bat signal is shone, it will be very much answered :P

and that folks, is why i love this game and all of you so damn much

Stay classy

Shivvies    59

Oh definitely LOADS of friend material in this game and LOADS of potential memorable moments around every corner. Also tanks are good, please, more of those! Let me DPS once in a while ;_;

camazotz    110

Also tanks are good, please, more of those! Let me DPS once in a while ;_;

​NO, the server would die. It's hard coded....Shivs tanks ALWAYS :P

ok maybe once in a while

Pclav    33

Also tanks are good, please, more of those! Let me DPS once in a while ;_;

​Give me a passive that will set exposed on pens and maybe boost agitator a little bit more just in case and I'm game. Blood/Ele tanks :D

MKUltra    4

I do have some memories of some C-64 game moments, such as defeating the marshmallow man in Ghostbusters and running the gauntlet in Aztec Challenge, but they are vague.  A more vivid, semi-recent and much more memorable moment in gaming for me is in the Secret World, back in 2013, during the final guardian fight of the 1st Anniversary, located in the centre of Fusang Projects.

Having spent considerable time running guerrilla attacks against enemy anima wells I found the introduction of an Event boss in the centre of the warzone a delightful addition.

The Guardian of Lunar Metal, Strife, was a rarer spawn than other Guardians, and being restricted to only one of the two battlegroups made such a fight rarer still.

However in the final fight, the central courtyard of Fusang was packed.  True to its name the Guardian of Strife caused immense chaos with its attacks and leech abilities. Assault rifle healers tried to heal tanks of their own faction rather than actually leeching from the main tanks of alternate factions, and those with damaging area attacks realised they were killing off 'friendlies' more than hurting their intended golem.  There were additional skirmishes to the outskirts, and to the sides, as predator players chose to pick off enemy combatants whose attention was preoccupied. People were all over the place.  It was a riot.

As the giant silver gollem stomped around the central architecture; weaving amongst arches, through doorways, along platforms, up and down stairs in pursuit of its newest target, people scattered to avoid its gigantic legs and massive area attacks.  
Sometimes outrunning a blast was simply not possible, or attempts at retreat obstructed, and your own life was taken and added to that of Strife.

Due to Strifes enormous size, ranged fighters could still acquire lines of sight safely from lower levels, or from balconies.  And small groups could cluster behind concrete barriers and brick walls for protected assaults.  But Strife was always mobile, and gained ground was surrendered far more often than secured. 

Amidst the chaos one might find oneself cutoff from the main fight (such as during a retreat to a lower level).  At such times you could find frightened individuals or small groups huddled for safety in the dark - waiting for the terror to end as Strife still rampaged above.

lunar_zpsulssrtuh.png?t=1433465034

Edited by MKUltra
  • Like 1

thechosenone    112

Since the focus of this thread kinda shifted to memorable TSW moments I really have to think back to my greatest moments in the game. 

- During one of the pre-launch ARGs I got called out along with a few other players by the main character. This is something that blew me away. 

- Likewise I was amazed when in the early days of the Twitterverse Saïd told me that he already knew who I was and who the Keepers were and that we could be potential #hivehum friends. 

- Getting to Kingsmouth and seeing all the characters from the 2010 Twitterverse and the locations from the website. 

- Seeing the Dreaming Prison and AB for the first time in the game. That was amazing. 

- All the missions involving time travel. 

- Doing issue 5 as an avid reader of Tyler's blog. 

- The Nursery and meeting HER. 

- I also have to add all of the ingame parties and events I attended. Best. Community. Ever. 

- Being on TV as one of the suspects for the recent terrorist attack on Kaidan.

Edited by thechosenone

Auroris    160

Since the focus of this thread kinda shifted to memorable TSW moments I really have to think back to my greatest moments in the game. 

- I also have to add all of the ingame parties and events I attended. Best. Community. Ever. 

- Being on TV as one of the suspects for the recent terrorist attack on Kaidan.

​You are just a little biased, about the first of these, given that half of that is entirely your fault.

As for the second. Just yes. So totally. Amazing. Awesome. ILOVETSW

camazotz    110

ok ok got a new one and boy is it a doozy..

Liseran can back me up on this one.....except for when it went...comical.  So we had a lair raid run, started in CotSG and we just absolutely demolished it.  Sure not quite enough frags to summon the regional - but thats the nature of the beast.

The real fun came in my favourite stomping ground/test bed - Installation 10 (CF lair) At present, no doubt Lis is noding with a big grin on her face....we'll skip to what happened after she said a storm was about to hit cos this is where she'll be bursting out in laughter)

So storm hits.....she loses connection.....and the Cult of the Pumpkin was born. 

At first we worshipped to see if she would reappear

VCkxopn.png

but to no avail. Moving on to the summoning area, one of our number either lagged a little or popped back up from wherever.  While we waited, we decided to worship the circle of the Pumpkin Patch

Hk8B47m.png

Finally the straggler arrived....our sacrifice for the circle

mdr6wUc.png

But alas! he was working for a more eldritch power

6V0mxBs.png

he was described as "a storm trooper"

seriously was hard to fight those bosses, while i was laughing so hard.  Was the best time ive had in-game for some time :P

Camazotz-2015-06-07-08-37-50.png

• Like 2