KierDrakeson

What is you most memorable moments in gaming?

Liseran    75

- A whole lot of awesome :D -

Ahhhhhhhh and I MISSED IT :( *shakes fist angrily at the sky*

I tried logging back in but it wouldn't let me :/  hope you guys didn't have problems with me missing/less fragments available!

• Like 1

camazotz    110

Ahhhhhhhh and I MISSED IT :( *shakes fist angrily at the sky*

I tried logging back in but it wouldn't let me :/  hope you guys didn't have problems with me missing/less fragments available!

​the whole pumpkin was born cos we wanted to make you get a fright when logging back in....to find all these pumpkins worshipping you :P

ohh....and we did more today - the main rule of the raid is now "wear pumpkin head" :P

to that effect, i bring you....*drum roll* the ACTION shot.....it was a gimmicky fight, but we won easy.

Camazotz-2015-06-08-07-43-37a.png

Edited by camazotz

Escritores    71

Us in crap gear with crap builds shortly after release getting to the 3rd boss in NM DW before realising we had no healer... :ph34r:

Anarchy Online - way too much to list, so much epicsauce in that game during my 7 years there... NA <3

Edited by Escritores
  • Like 1

Kiernon    68

I just remembered another memory that's a bit more recent than the DAoC days of old: Deadspace 3 co-op.

If I've ever seen a memorable co-op campaign recently it's that one.

"Why are we stopping?"

"Listening to that transmission."

"What transmission?"

"Oh, I guess it was private then."

"Whoa!"

"What?"

"I've just seen something odd on my screen. And I think I heard a child."

"Okaaay..."

"What's with that weird tin soldier?"

"What are you talking about dude?"

"The tin soldier. It's standing right here." 

"There's nothing there man."

"The heck? Let me go grab a screenshot."

And it only got better. A pity the DLC was such a letdown. 

Vanor    21

For me it was the first time I saw the Kronos Titan in City of Heroes.

I played that game as a duo a lot, and we were in Peregrin Island, and I said something like 'it should be here any moment...' when my friend said 'turn around.'  It was behind me, so everyone in the group but me saw it.

A few other CoH moments, because that was my first MMO and your first always is special...

I got a new power, shortly after I3 or 4 went live, and I was going show it to my friend.  I was playing a Stone/Stone tank Stonehenge and he was playing a elec/elec blaster Open-Circuit.  We were in a cave and I said 'hey Open watch this' and went to trigger the power.  At that same moment a group of Circle of Thorn demons rushed into the first room and attacked us.

So from his PoV it looked like I had summoned it.

The others were two of the greatest mistells ever.  

My SG was talking about movies and playing 'name that movie' from quotes, and rewarding people geek points.  At the same time Open was doing something and needed some cash.  He asked me how much I had, and if I could lone him some.  

I responded to the SG chan rather then a tell that I had over 5 million, so it was cool.  The leader of our supergroup said 'wow that's a lot of geek points'.

The other was when a SG mate sent the following MT to the SG chat so it really came out of nowhere.  "So when you lamp-shaded me it had sexual contentions"  Which needless to say was a huge WTF/LOL moment.

Edited by Vanor
  • Like 2

Mr-Pyre    17

"What can change the nature of a man?" - first asked of The Nameless One by Ravel Puzzlewell in Planescape: Torment, one of the overarching themes in what I believe to be one of the best story based RPGs ever.

It's a philosophical puzzle and personal question for me as well (since I've seen what can change me).

It's a question that's plagued me for easily ten years, and that's the mark of a good story: that it asks questions of you that only you can answer, for yourself, maybe only years later.  It's part of why I reread Herman Hess's Siddhartha periodically every few years, because as I change and grow I find new meaning in the book.

I won't tell you my answer to that puzzle. It's a question I think only a person can answer for themself. Another sign of a good tale :)

• Like 2

albahtar    35

"What can change the nature of a man?" - first asked of The Nameless One by Ravel Puzzlewell in Planescape: Torment, one of the overarching themes in what I believe to be one of the best story based RPGs ever.

[...]

It's part of why I reread Herman Hess's Siddhartha periodically every few years, because as I change and grow I find new meaning in the book.

I have been telling myself I should play this Planescape Torment for years... you putting it alongside Hesse's amazing Siddhartha bumped it to the top of my queue. ^^