Vanor

Blade/Elementalist need feedback.

Vanor    21

I started playing TSW about 2 years ago, but didn't play for very long, to be honest I got frustrated trying to find a build and basically gave up, part of that was how the difficulty ramped up after Kingsmouth.  I was missing the game and came back to try it again.  The revamped world stuff sounds like it may of fixed one of my issues, but I'm still getting very frustrated trying to find an answer to the 2nd one.  

Here's what I'm thinking of.  I made it to the start of Egypt last time, but have my points spread out so much that it's a pain, so i'm thinking I'll head back to Kingsmouth to get some AP and SP for Blade, right now I have like 3 AP and 1 SP in it.  This would be the build i'd work towards and once I get this I'd consider heading back to Egypt again.

Weapons: blade/elemental
- Cost: 159 AP (Link to Deck)

Actives
1. Blade Torrent
2. Blaze
3. Stunning Swirl
4. Balanced Blade
5. Electrical Storm
6. Shock
7. Martial Discipline

Passives
1. Mind Over Matter
2. Immortal Spirit
3. Perfect Storm
4. Regeneration
5. Volatile Current
6. Molecular Exploitation
7. Toxic Affinity

What I'd like to know is if this is even worth doing in the first place, is Blade/Elem any good?  Then what should I work towards next, say the next 50 or so AP in blade?  

The things I'm looking for the most is something that can solo, but a little down time doesn't bother me.  I want a mix of ranged and melee, and I want something I can open with from range.  I don't want to have to build up 2-5 resources before I can use any ranged ability. 

Edited by Vikestart

Pclav    33

Blade/ele isn't the best combo out there.

Blade has frenzy and focus attacks and exploits afflicted and impaired states.

Ele has chain and strke attacks and exploits afflicted and hindered states.

As you can see they don't have much in common.

Ele is a great support weapon if you like kiting/lots of movement, extra damage buffs and big hits.

Actives
1. Blade Torrent   <- good builder
2. Blaze  <- could use the Aidelon passive. If the cast bothers you and it feels slow swap it to Flame Strike, but all in all it's a good abil
3. Stunning Swirl <- lovely thing
4. Balanced Blade <- upgrade it to Clearing the Path asap
5. Electrical Storm <- I'd keep it for now till you get some points in blade and your blade AOE consumer starts to deal decent damage. Then get rid of it.
6. Shock <- second builder. Not needed.
7. Martial Discipline <- wtf button

Passives
1. Mind Over Matter <- you got Perfect Storm to set afflicted. Affis aren't a good source of damage. I'd say bai bai to this
2. Immortal Spirit <- great passive
3. Perfect Storm <- fast and reliable affi, great passive
4. Regeneration <- wtf button support
5. Volatile Current <- see Shock and Mind Over Matter comments
6. Molecular Exploitation <- do you really need THAT much AOE? I'd swap it.
7. Toxic Affinity <- Affis aren't a good source of damage. no point in fighting for them. Swap to Fluid Defence.

I'd start with swapping passives.

I see 4 I'd take out. #1, #5, #6, #7

#7 for Fluid Defence.

For the other 3 I'd start with:

Dark Potency, later upgraded to Iron Maiden. If you're low on pen in general there might be time when you keep both

Sudden Return.

Sharp Blade, upgrade to Twist the Knife. When you get some spare points swap this for Breakdown from Chaos.

Ele's big thing is that it increases your damage after you cast a mani. Swapping Shock for a mani or some cooldown might be a good idea.

Or maybe you need some heals then Turn the Tables is always a good option. I myself like using Coldwave in my ele decks. The damage is quite good and it keeps the mobs in place for whole 4 seconds. It's easy to run on their back and just keep slicing without them even being able to hit you. You can always follow up with Stunning Swirl to get 3 more seconds safe pew pew.

DarkMoonrise    17

​Hi Vanor,

I agree with all what Pclav wrote but I'll add my own opinion.

I think you though about an afflict build when you designed it, no? It's basically not a bad idea but having two builder isn't that optimal. If you want to stay with blade/elem, I propose you this build. But it doesn't fulfil your wish to attack at long range at the beginning of the fight.

If you want to have a long ranged survival build, I would try riffle/blade with a leech ability. You can use Lock&Load at the beginning of the fight to directly cast the rifle consumer.

But to be honnest, survival build are more efficient in close combat, you can try the build of The little pragmatic guide to begin tsw (see "Build" sub chapter)

Have fun ^^
Darky

Vanor    21

Thanks for the feedback.    I read that pragmatic guide, but now when I click on the link it seems to be gone...

I'll keep those two blade/elem builds in mind for the future.  I actually found a different build I'm trying and as of one night's play like it so far, a shotgun/elem build.  I actually don't have all the passives I need for it, so it's something I'm working towards.  But I'd like feedback on it anyway, so I can learn from any mistakes I'm making.

Weapons: shotgun/elemental
- Cost: 577 AP (Link to Deck)

Actives
1. Powder Burn
2. Flame Strike
3. Conditional Force
4. Stopping Power
5. Coldwave
6. Lightning Manifestation
7. Kneecapper
8. Empty

Passives
1. Beanbag Rounds
2. Immortal Spirit
3. Pinned Down
4. Mitigating Factor
5. Strike Force
6. 12 Gouge
7. Punisher
8. Empty

Pclav    33
Actives

1. Powder Burn
2. Flame Strike
3. Conditional Force   ---> swap to Out For A Kill or Raging Bullet. All your #4 to #7 actives are AoE. That's way more then needed, plus Ofak will buff Lightning Manifestation
4. Stopping Power
5. Coldwave
7. Kneecapper
8. Empty

Passives
1. Beanbag Rounds
2. Immortal Spirit
3. Pinned Down  --> too random, can't control it, triggers once every 30s which is once every blue moon. I'd free up this slow
4. Mitigating Factor --> Prot Rating sucks for solo. I'd free it up
5. Strike Force  --> buffs only 2 of your attacks. I probably would reconsider this.
6. 12 Gouge  --> Debil
7. Punisher  --> even more Debil. Why so much debil in this deck for solo?
8. Empty

The deck also misses an elite passive. 

I'd look into Seal The Deal, Cool Calm and Collected, Fluid Defence or Rapid Getaway for an elite passive

If you get one of the first 3 as your elite passive I'd add Hothead to have minor crit chance.

Raging Bullet sucks for dungeons couse it's faulty but it will be ok for solo if you want a strike build.

With a strike build you can add stuff like Violent Strikes and Wrecking Crew on top of the minor crit chance.

If you stick to Ofak then the rest of the passives I'd take some simple dps stuff. Twist the Knife, Sudden Return, Lethality.

Edited by Pclav
  • Like 1

Pclav    33

One more thing, if you plan on playing this in Egypt this might be a crash and burn.

I don't know how Egypt looks like after EPE but in general there was a lot of ranged mobs. Cultists and Spirits come to mind. Also Mummies have a bad habit of DoTing you right of the bat. Those hinder decks are often more of a "kill before taking any damage" kind of a deal. You might have to load up on some healing stuff like Advantage Me, which can be tricky to proc or Circulation which is an expensive passive AP wise and needs afflicted, so you'd loose another passive slot there.

• Like 1

Vanor    21

One more thing, if you plan on playing this in Egypt this might be a crash and burn.

​I'll keep that in mind when I get there.  I have a fair amount of AR and Chaos unlocked so I could perhaps use one of those when I get there if the shotgun/elem build doesn't work.

Vanor    21

how about this for the shotgun/elem build?

Weapons: shotgun/elemental
- Cost: 381 AP (Link to Deck)

Actives
1. Powder Burn
2. Flame Strike
3. Out for a Kill
4. Stopping Power
5. Coldwave
7. Kneecapper
8. Empty

Passives
1. Beanbag Rounds
2. Immortal Spirit
3. 12 Gouge
4. Hothead
5. Violent Strikes
6. Lethality
7. Fluid Defence
8. Empty

Also as long as I'm thinking about it, would anyone have a suggestion for Chaos and AR?

Pclav    33

Also as long as I'm thinking about it, would anyone have a suggestion for Chaos and AR?

​Chaos/AR

1) Escalation

2) Call of Eris -> Four horseman or Pulling The Strings

3) 3 Round Burst

4) Suppressing Fire

5) Lock and Load

6) Transfuse Anima would be my first choice but it can be tricky to get used to. If not then Anima Shot will have to do.

7) Domino Effect

1) Intensity

2) Shoot 'em Up

3) Leeching Frenzy

4) Immortal Spirit

5) Iron Maiden

6) Twist the Knife

7) Sudden Return

• Like 1

Pclav    33

AR/Chaos

1) Safety Off

2) 3 round burst

3) Pulling the strings

4) Discord Rising

5)

6)

7)

The last 3 are combos of

Helter Skelter + Lock and Load + Domino Effect <-- Heavy single target build, lacks AOE

Tactical Retreat + Lock and Load + Fire At Will <-- the AoE finishing option

Suppressing Fire + Helter Skelter + Domino Effect <-- good AoE, might lack single target

Slow the Advance + Helter Skelter + whatever

The basic idea is to either slow the mobs down [Slow the advance], build resources as they come, use Discord Rising sometime in between buildign resources to set some exposed stacks and deal a tiny bit of damage, 2x consumer, Helter Skelter to dash through them, impair and stop their attack. Turn around, Lock and Load and one more Consumer. In the second option you don't HS but move back with Tactical Retreat.

Play around and see what you like.

1) Incision --> Bloodsport

2) Iron Maiden

3) Twist the Knife

4) Immortal Spirit

5) Fluid Defence -> Seal The deal

6) Sudden Return

7) Eagle eye -> Lethality

• Like 1