Sign in to follow this  
Mayahuel

Letters to Tokyo (Mayahuel's IC Blog Project)

Mayahuel    10

Hi Y'all! After being completely inspired by reading all the great character profiles and keeping up with Vanica's awesome IC blog, I decided to take the plunge and start my own IC blog project. I have to give a shout out to one character profile in particular while I'm at it. I really loved them all, but Kiernon's "Ryjalon" profile was really beautifully done and what got me thinking that I'd like to join in (so thank you!). 

I'm going to try and weave a lot of my own art/photos/video into the project, especially pulling from travels in Japan and elsewhere, while incorporating a lot of my own Tex-Mex culture into the mix.

I'm including the link below. It's on Ello (a social media site--but I think you all should be able to view content without having to join--if not, please let me know).  I'll be sure to bump here when I make a new entry and I hope to also post a proper character profile here as well as the details begin to gel with time/experience.

https://ello.co/mayahuelb/post/7O5vP5ZvEjoEXqkehIbTqw

• Like 2

Mayahuel    10

Letter to Tokyo #5 

https://ello.co/mayahuelb/post/JpZIwmxM40EHaQ5jxR4t2g

I'm very pleased with the first real attempt I've made at video editing. It's so much harder than I expected it to be, but as long as I'm learning so many new things in game I figure why not learn some new skills outside of game. It's not perfect, but I'm happy with it and it gave me a chance to feature the music of The Books who sadly are not together anymore. Their music is often considered to be a "collage" and that is what I also hope to create with my blog project--a collage that will tell many small stories that work as a larger whole.

Mayahuel    10

Just a quick note to anyone interested that there are several entries more to my IC project. The story is taking shape as I go and meet others. I didn't really have much of a plan (intentionallly), so it's great to see how things develop in a sort of organic way along the journey. Mostly my approach has been to simply RP in game and then incorporate some of the in-game events/interactions into the story. It's so much fun to see who shows up every time I log into the game. I never really thought I'd quote Forrest Gump, but life in TSW really is like a box of chocolates! :)

https://ello.co/mayahuelb

And, please, if you are interested in RP or having your character make an appearance in my little world don't hesitate to shoot me a message! 

• Like 1