Vanor

Looking for more advice Chaos/Blade

Vanor    21

So been playing with this build though Egypt, started with it about half way though Scorched Desert have been using it since, I'm now part way though the City of the Sun God.  So far it's been very effective.  I just mow though stuff with hardly taking a break.  Seems effective vs single mobs and swarms.   Looking for any feedback on it, and perhaps some ideas on what to build towards.  

Actives
1. Escalation
2. Dancing Blade
3. Pulling the Strings
4. Karma
5. Chop Shop
6. Martial Discipline
7. Domino Effect
8. Empty

Passives
1. Immortal Spirit
2. Intensity
3. Gnosis
4. Breakdown
5. Expose Weakness
6. Regeneration
7. Fluid Defence
8. Empty

Pclav    33

Actives
1. Escalation
2. Dancing Blade
3. Pulling the Strings
4. Karma
5. Chop Shop
6. Martial Discipline
7. Domino Effect
8. Empty

Ad 1) Swap to Blade Torrent

Ad 2) It's great when combined with Elemental Force, if you want a single target blade consumer check out Destiny. I'd free up this slot

Ad 3) why not 4 Horseman

Ad 4) damage is lower then the usual AoE consumer and the heal part is very very low, not worth it, I'd free up the slot

Ad 5) Chop Shop, all multi hit attacks suffer an internal hidden negative pen and crit modifier, same as dancing blade - great with EF, otherwise I'd change it to Clearing the Path

Ad 6) kay ;)

Ad 7) kay ;)

Passives

1. Immortal Spirit
2. Intensity
3. Gnosis
4. Breakdown
5. Expose Weakness
6. Regeneration
7. Fluid Defence
8. Empty

Ad 1) kay

Ad 2) Swap to Blade Torrent to afflict

Ad 3) Swap to Sudden Return, with a better upkeep of minor pen chance this will trigger enough

Ad 4) kay

Ad 5) This one is just meh, you can use it only once every 30s, swap to iron Maiden for more upkeep

Ad 6) You got only 1 passive heal, so this is ok. You may try to swap this to a dps passive like Twist the Knife and get Turn the Tables as an additional heal in actives. Eventually I'd swap this to Leeching Frenzy.

Ad 7) kay

For the 2 actives you got left I'd probably pick Turn the Tables and Chaotic Pull or Steel Echo. Or if you liked your fast exposed stacking then Discord Rising.

Edited by Pclav
  • Like 1

Escritores    71

Ad 4) damage is lower then the usual AoE consumer and the heal part is very very low, not worth it, I'd free up the slot

What other Chaos AOE consumer would you use? There's basicly no alternative and the damage really isn't that bad... The heal is definitely neglectable but nah it ain't that bad at all, especially for soloing vs. having only AOE consumer for 1 weapon...

Pclav    33

For the 2 actives you got left I'd probably pick Turn the Tables and Chaotic Pull or Steel Echo. Or if you liked your fast exposed stacking then Discord Rising.

Between CtP and BT you'll be ok with 1 AoE consumer for solo.

Edited by Pclav
  • Like 1

Escritores    71

Between CtP and BT you'll be ok with 1 AoE consumer for solo.

Meeh... I prefer having 2... Most if not all of my solo builds do 1 builder, 2 aoe consumers, 1 singletarget consumer, 3 whatever stuffz, just makes killing packs so much more efficient... Basicly things like chaotic pull is never needed while soloing and the damage on it is terrible, turn the tables is a complete waste of a active if you're above ql 3, steel echo is debateable I'll give you that one... ;)

Edited by Escritores
  • Like 1

Ciritty    169

Meeh... I prefer having 2... Most if not all of my solo builds do 1 builder, 2 aoe consumers, 1 singletarget consumer, 3 whatever stuffz, just makes killing packs so much more efficient... Basicly things like chaotic pull is never needed while soloing and the damage on it is terrible, turn the tables is a complete waste of a active if you're above ql 3, steel echo is debateable I'll give you that one... ;)

What I find is that when I give people builds with multiple consumers they'll just use the AoE consumers on single targets anyway, so I tend to not suggest multiple consumers personally! However sound your reasoning is :P

• Like 1

Pclav    33

The damage on CP is terrible, but it's easier to use then HS for beginner players and this deck could use an impair.

I used Turn the Tables deep into Trans, it's still decent even after the nerf. Once you can slot a mending 5 somewhere it's not that great, but that's a bit too much for most people on this forum.

SE rather sucks, but not as much as Armor Fati for PvM and having a damage buff is almost always a good idea.

The sneaky part of what I wrote is that those are options from which you choose what you like for your playstyle. ;)

Escritores    71

The damage on CP is terrible, but it's easier to use then HS for beginner players and this deck could use an impair.

I used Turn the Tables deep into Trans, it's still decent even after the nerf. Once you can slot a mending 5 somewhere it's not that great, but that's a bit too much for most people on this forum.

SE rather sucks, but not as much as Armor Fati for PvM and having a damage buff is almost always a good idea.

The sneaky part of what I wrote is that those are options from which you choose what you like for your playstyle. ;)

TtT heal is just so incredibly low and the CD is so incredibly long it's not really worth it other than at low qls compared to what else you could use for healing/defensive measures...

Hehe... I know... Don't get me wrong, basicly just wanted to point out Karma isn't as bad as people often point out in a chaos/blade solo deck due to missing alternatives... :ph34r:

Ciritty    169

TtT heal is just so incredibly low and the CD is so incredibly long it's not really worth it other than at low qls compared to what else you could use for healing/defensive measures...

Hehe... I know... Don't get me wrong, basicly just wanted to point out Karma isn't as bad as people often point out in a chaos/blade solo deck due to missing alternatives... :ph34r:

Maelstrom does slightly more dmg and cry havoc is ranged! but yes ^^