Sign in to follow this  
Hreb

A Templar Gathering

Hreb    48

A Templar Gathering

templars_gathering_zpsmhexpgre.jpg

Saturday, July 18th at 4:00 pm EDT / 9:00 pm BST in the Crucible at Temple Hall.

We’ll be on the Arcadia server, pm or MU on Hreb

An RP and non RP Templar gathering, to meet and chat for a bit, find friends, etc.  New or old, all Templars are welcome.

IC it is an office tea, put on by Temple Hall, not mandatory, but it helps to go to these sorts of thing you know.  Uniforms or nice clothing are required.  If you are brand spanking new and need help with that, contact me either here or in the game and I’ll try to arrange help.

For non Rpers it’s a chance to meet other Templars, maybe find a cabal or new cabal mates.  Same for Rpers, only we’ll do some RPing too.  Officially it’ll last two hours, but I’ll stay so long as people are there.

AUGH black text, my eyes >.<  I'll try to fix that.

Edited by Hreb
I fixed the black text.
  • Like 1

Hreb    48

A Templar Gathering

templars_gathering_zpsmhexpgre.jpg

Saturday, July 18th at 4:00 pm EDT / 9:00 pm BST in the Crucible at Temple Hall.

We’ll be on the Arcadia server, pm or MU on Hreb

An RP and non RP Templar gathering, to meet and chat for a bit, find friends, etc.  New or old, all Templars are welcome.

OOC info, and Non-RPer information:

If you are going to be talking non rp or Out Of Character (OOC) to people please keep to the far left hand side of the room if you are facing the bar having just come in, or out by the trainer, or out in the training areas, or use the Templar chat channel.  It will make it easier for everyone to keep track of all of our conversations.  I(Hreb) will be out by the trainer NPC.  If you are recruiting for your cabal please come capable of inviting if that’s at all possible, with anything like info needed, and please advertise in Templar rather than Say.  You are more than welcome to lurk with the RPers and join in, but please read the new Rpers bit.

Rp cabals are often very active lively things, who run dungeons etc all the time, but you must be capable of putting up with RP.  Most of them accept non rpers who are mature good people and do not mind RP.  Ask in tells, please.

Non-Rpers can wear anything they like, even mankini’s and bunnyheads. >.<

IC info and RPER info:

The food and most of the RP shall cluster around the right hand side of the bar, and the right hand bits of the room.  You can RP wherever you like, but keep in mind that there may be ooc conversations all over, so bear with.  You can come rp with me, when OOC I will use ((‘s, but my companions around me may not be doing so, it may be hard to tell who is IC and who is not.  If you are around the right side of the bar and social area, please try to keep anything OOC short.  If non-rpers wander in, gently direct them over to me or to any ooc gatherings on the left.  They’ll likely have no idea you’re IC, treat them gently, they know not what they do.  Deliberate harassment is not ok, let me know and I’ll try to deal with them, we’ll both report them if they are incorrigible.  New RP’ers who are trying should be gently encouraged wherever possible.

This is a slightly formal occasion, and so either uniforms or nice clothing are requisite.  If you don’t have those things, read the new rper info below.  Scantily clad folk will be asked to slip into a loaner suit, on the threat of being buried alive in scarves, then assigned to privy digging duty in Kingsmouth.

Please pretend the anomalous non-RPer’s are not there, or are simply fellow Templars in uniforms, nameless faceless drones.

I will stick around afterwards so long as there is rp going on, MU on me if you come in late, or ask in Templar to see if someone is still around.

NEW RPERS!

[spoiler=]

We’re dying to meet you, even if it seems like we are not.  Because of personalities, some characters are more approachable than others.  As in real life, to get to talking to people, you often have to make the first approach.  If your character is not the type you may need to make excuses or exceptions.  If you have a chip on your shoulder, are rude or repulse approaches, people will take you at your word, and won’t waste anyone’s time trying to draw you out.

My character Hreb is very approachable.  He’s very married, so he will not hit on anyone, but he loves people, he used to be a bartender, and I will waste time even if you seem standoffish as long as I can tell you want rp.  /Telling me so ooc is just fine.  If I’m not busier than a one armed lumberjack, I’ll have him approach your character.  If you don’t take my conversational bait the second try, I’ll leave you alone.  Lots of folks have the same policy.  Take the bait if you want the RP.  It is ok and good to approach any of the Rpers with small talk about the food or anything ingame really.  “My word, Kingsmouth is a mess!” will do.  Give people lots of time to type a reply before giving up and moving on.  If you just broodily poke your phone, we’ll assume you are lurking.  Nothing wrong with lurking, but we won’t approach you, you look busy.  If you RP with me for a few minutes, I’ll do my best to introduce you around.

Use ((‘s to surround OOC comments, and be aware that other’s use ( or (( or [ or { to denote that they are talking Out Of Character. When talking ooc to a single person, use a /tell instead of /Say.  Feel free to flirt lightly and compliment the lady characters, but please don’t hit on them.  You’ll do better.  Rper’s are often older players, and they like things like spelling and grammar, do your best.  Let us know you’re new to it.

If you have a seriously abrasive character be aware that other characters and players may react poorly.  There is good advice on tsw-rp about playing such characters.  I will do what I can to eject characters and players who are really ticking people off.  You are in a formal business space, and the boss type Templars have the right to punt you out, and then put a nasty remark in your permanent record.  Assume your new assignment is to clean up the sewage treatment plant in whatever zone you are currently in.

This may seem weird, but high drama is often not ok in public, and having your character go to bits loudly in public is frowned upon in general.  It makes it super hard for people to finish their own RP, and really, only a few people can participate in your high drama anyway, so doing it in public is as rude as going to bits in the public library.  Keep things relatively calm and low key, and if you go to bits, do it in a small group that is interested.  Many people just love it, I don’t say don’t ever do it, but choose your audience well.

If you are so new that you need aid in either getting a uniform or in buying some nice clothing with Pax PM me and we’ll arrange to get together ingame.  If you’re dying to sponsor someone, also PM me, and I’ll matchmake.  Please do so during the week before the event, the day of the event I won’t be capable of helping personally and it’ll be too difficult to matchmake.  The formalish wear available for Pax isn’t amazing, but you won’t look like you fell in a bin at the thrift store.  Outrageous outfits don’t make sense in RP very often, so you’ll do a lot better if your character is dressed as if they belong at a Templar tea.  If you came in a bunnyhead and mankini, just swap out to something more respectable if you’d like to hang in the Rp area, please.

Plan Bee is catering!  Mindy Henderson, Templar HR minion, (lowly NPC division) has no idea that they are anything but a catering company associated with the local bakery.  She ordered a lovely spread, on the right hand side of the bar there are the following goodies arrayed that you may help yourselves to at will, there is plenty:

there is Tea (Aged Oolong from Fujian, China), cream, sugar, and milk

82zPv43_zps7wo4r4l0.jpg

coffee for the Americans (Aged Sumatran freshly ground, Indonesia)

ziYjUCx_zpsoczau0xa.jpg

little finger sandwiches  (egg and cress, salmon paste, cucumber)

tDjPWjk_zps3qdqbrbu.jpg

Battenbergs in Templar Red, sliced

nrhJEDc_zpsylwmct99.jpg

Battenburgs are lovely, superBritish, and almondy tea cakes, the covering is marzipan

Assorted Cookies (Chocolate Analgesics, Truth-Serum Tarts, Blueberry Healing Scones, and Cream Love-Connections)

rpbm5R8_zps1xryutzq.jpg

Yes, these are enhanced.  They are labeled as so.  Use them responsibly. :P  We are rping, and you do not have to partake in anything that makes you uncomfortable, if you do not care to eat enhanced tarts, then for you, they are simply little tarts, quite ordinary.

Epicurean Delights (Crabber-Man on toast, Filthpod on Brie, Draug on toast, Ponybug Tartlets)

*all Epicurean Delights are dosed with anti-filth, anti-venom, and analgesics for your safety.

22Jw80Q_zpsawlqvgy8.jpg

These have also been dutifully labeled by the dutiful Ms. Henderson.  They are harmless.  She is a tiny bit suspicious.

There is also the bar, with a good selection of alcohol.

Thank you to Plan Bee for catering and the pics :D  Check them out!

Edited by Hreb
ebil black text

Auroris    160

Hreb, to remove the black text, select the text, then press the Remove Format button to the right of the alignment buttons. If you select everything, then you might need to realign pictures or recolour red text.

camazotz    110

this......may be interesting - if I'm not busy helping out in the field (there are 2 or 3 active help orders at present with 1 as a "help of opportunity")......or running Close Protection for Sonnac, of course ;)

Auroris    160

Oh ty, the black text is ebil. 

I'd love to see you there, even if you just pop in. :D 

I'd love to come, but I've been running up against a wall lately. It's just making me see red everywhere, you know. :P

Hreb    48

boop!  This is tomorrow afternoon/evening, stop by and say hi, maybe recruit a little of you have a cabal.  Stay and RP if you like.  I'm planning to tell the newbs I run into there about Sanctuary, and holler on Sanctuary about the event.  IIRC advertising is ok so long as it is short and maybe twice.  Is that correct?

Hreb    48

I have decided to give a prize for the ugliest and most Templarish loaner suit.  I have a shiny [Templar Theatrics] for whoever shows up in the most atrociously Templarish loaner suit.

• Like 1

camazotz    110

I have decided to give a prize for the ugliest and most Templarish loaner suit.  I have a shiny [Templar Theatrics] for whoever shows up in the most atrociously Templarish loaner suit.

This one clip is getting sooo much play time from me but.....

I cant resist