Hangedman

Groundworks healing build

Hangedman    1

Hello,

Since some time now I have tried to create a build with Assault Rifle without using the classic, and super effective, leech build. Two weeks ago I created this build : Groundworks healing build. I took some guinea pig... friends, i mean friends, and went into an 24s. I was prepared to die at the entrance of Polaris against the trash mobs or in my most optimistic thinking against UrDraug spike damage. No, the builds worked and it worked really well. Not only it healed but the tanks barely went down 70% of his life.

The ACT made no sens for the tanks barely received healing from me or itself (I made a nifty 298hps against UrDraug one time). Worst, based on ACT report Post Op made more than 45% of the healing and according to its tooltip it shouldn't while Improved Groundwork barely made 10% in best case (even got a case where it did 0% healing).

I tested the build again with a different tank (more DPS less tank), with different DPS partner, with my alt who have only 10.1.0 gears (the one you get after finishing the whole story), with two other healers and it worked again and again in 24s. The only dungeon where I had some problem was Darkness War, notably the second boss and its adds because Groundworks activated the adds and the boss too soon.

So if you have some insights why the build works (and how it works) I would be glad. For information the rotation is one of the most boring I ever made : spam Groundworks and use Shot of Anima and Re-animator when needed. Backup Drone and Greater Good are here for huge damage dealer like UrDraug at the beginning of the fight.

Thanks in advance,

Hangedman

• Like 1

Pclav    33

Good heal builds have some kind of a spike heal which I don't see here.

Have you healed HE 5, 3 and 4 with this?

If ACT made no sense that might be because the tank had lots of mitigation on signets and cooldowns.

Hangedman    1

I did heal HE 3, 4 et 5 without any problem, as a matter of fact HE was a routine. Spike heals are taken care by Shot of anima (between 2k and 3k heal quite easily and it can be cast every 4 second) and Re-Animator (4k and 5k heal), I was afraid too that I couldn't handle the three stooges of HE 5 but no it went well. Surprisingly the boss that poses problem was DW 3 and DW 6, I'm maybe wrong but I believe the problem is the distance between the boss and the rest of the team for in this fight DPS tend to go the farthest away possible when they don't do melee. Concerning the Tank, the first time I tried it was a heavy mitigating one, the second time I specified a more offensive and even if I saw a difference, it didn't change anything in the healing. For information I also healed Ankh 6 with it, didn't go as well and I needed many tries before getting the right healing tempo.

Really the way the build works doesn't make any sense, another friend just tried it. He didn't even used anything beside Groundworks until UrDraug and it was ONE Re-Animator at the beginning of the fight.

Edit : in HE I take off Veteran in HE4 for obvious reason.

Edited by Hangedman
Needed to specify something about the build.

Ciritty    169

Heya! Looks interesting! 

Act looked funny because the majority of healing comes from the leeching effects granted by groundwork+veteran+shot of Anima.

• Like 1

Hangedman    1

Thanks for the information but I still don't understand the healing part because Groundworks give... well (scratch his heads)... 3% leech effect which amount to nothing, even if the other player target the tank. Or maybe I'm totally wrong on the way leech works and I should take a look back on the reaper build explanation.

Just forget to mention that it is a full heal build, no Attack rating inside and Crit/Crit Power are balanced. I'm actually trying to add some AR (mainly to see how it affect the healing) by adding Subway Token and Egon Pendant.

I tried it in NYR and it worked, a bit hard when Tank switch aggro but shot of anima is really enough. However the first transition is a pain because of the absence of an out of combat heal ability.

Pclav    33

It's the combination of Improved Groundwork and Leech Therapy.

I assume that with high heal rating you got around 3.3-3.4k. That would mean that those 2 heal the tank every shot for 166 or so.

Then on top of that you have Shot of Anima + Groundwork which with scaled HR give the tank almost 20% leech effect. If your tank does 800 dps [not a dps tank], all off those contribute to 300 HPS.

All of the above get multiplied by Shadow medic and you get a small heal + leech from vet every 7 seconds.

This build is different from most of Leech builds because it uses "non standard" leech abilities.

Typical leech ability has 3 components.

1) damage

2) heal

3) leech heal applied to the target which is based on the #1 damage component

Non standard doesn't mean not used. Following this rule Transfuse Anima which is the goto consumer for most leech builds is a "non standard" leech ability because it misses the #2 heal component. It's so often used because it has the highest damage component of all the leech abilities. That one is bumped because it has only 2 of the "standard" ones, so it "compensates" by having the other two bumped.

Your deck works in a similar fashion but has no #3 leech heal component and compensates by using a high heal abilities with a small leech applied to target which is based on targets dps not yours.

This is great for dps tanks if they want to have some fun, but you have a low damage output. Usually leechers go for a high damage output - it's easier for them to make a high damage deck in comparison to the tank.

If you decide to add some AR it will not increase your healing because your deck misses the #3 component.

I'm at work and having my morning coffee and smoke, so some of what I wrote may not make any sense. Please tell if I need to clarify something.

• Like 1

Hangedman    1

No it was pretty clear, I wasn't aiming at raising heal with my DPS just to see how it affects the power of my healing and it didn't really lower but again we went with high DPS group (including Tank this time).

Ok so if I understood clearly the way it should work, the tank is healed by :

1. The use of Improved Groundwork and Leech Therapy : in my build both of them heal for around 80hp each.
  2. Post Op : I firmly believe that it doesn't work as implied in the tooltip but more as Gross anatomy works (so >200 hps). I'm pretty sure because I'm using it now in my scenario build with leeching frenzy and each time LF is renewed it heals for around 110 hp.
  3. All the leech effect : Groundworks, Shot of anima and Veteran (so around 2.5%, 12% and 17% - not sure for the last one). So I believe that with a 1k dps tank (lower that what I've got), i get 25hps, 30hps (can apply shot of anima only every 4sec) and 25 hps (veteran apply every 7 shot).
  4. Shot of anima : 1k every 4 sec (I don't wait for the 5 resources to build up, except against UrDraug).
  5. Veteran : 400 every 7 sec.

So in final I should get something around 700 hps in reality... Well it seems to work and explain why the build actually function. Nota bene : No leech therapy with Ur Draug and MT for I can't get too close of the tank.

Considering all of that I've still have the problem of DW but I believe it's the way the adds works in the dungeon. And another question : if the DPS target the tank will they heal them (I will need to check on that one) ?

Anyway thanks for the help and by the way don't use Anticoagulant in the build it doesn't work with groundworks.

Hangedman    1

Ok thanks for the info.

I did yesterday Polaris and DW with a tank who took no block rating at all for the fight and apart for the UrDraug, the Ak'ab and the Dog of nameless day (aka as Dark Puppy) I could handle the heal. No surprise for the three others, they are strong damage dealer even with "standard" heal/tank team.

Your deck works in a similar fashion but has no #3 leech heal component and compensates by using a high heal abilities with a small leech applied to target which is based on targets dps not yours.

I come back on this for it could explain why my alt could handle the 24s quite easily despite having beginner gears for apparently the build doesn't really depends on the healer gears but on the tank's gears and skills. If it's true then the build could be a good one for beginner character ?

Edited by Hangedman
Correcting the introduction