Ciritty

Build requests

@Pclav

Well, this is what I've currently been using for a solo Hammer/Shotgun build. I've been tweaking it as I go and unlock more and more of the two respective wheels. It has done very well so far with handling the first part of Egypt and most of my deaths have either been due to carelessness on my part or a few unusual enemies wit troublesome mechanics. (I'm looking at you weird bug golem).

TSW Deck Builder - Hammer/Shotgun

Pclav    33

@Waffle_Slayer The deck looks good.

I'd take out Raging Bullet for Molten Steel. Or Trucker for Lock Stock and Barrel.

Raging for Molten - you don't need 2 single target shotgun consumers and Raging Bullet is just all kinds of wrong. The ability is "bugged" when it comes to calculating it's damage.

Trucker for LSB - I wouldn't recommend that. It's more of a fun thing to do. This way you can Ofak, LSB, Raging Bullet in a row. Lots of single target damage and fast but you'll kill your defences without Trucker.

If you got ~200 hit you should be ok without Paradigm Shift. I'd swap that to Twist the Knife.

• Like 1

CrazyDogLady    14

Is this forum still active?

I've been a GM since beta, but...well...I'm very aspie, so I solo or duo with my husband.  I'm going back now to try to solo/duo the normal and elite dungeon content.  I'm in about 10.2ish gear on the character I've been playing the most when I solo, and 10.1 on my duo character.

Does anyone have a good build (or builds) for soloing or duoing the normal/elite dungeons?  I'm open to any weapon combos, and I'll gladly work on bringing up my gear level.  I just probably won't have NM drops or raid gear, since I'm so bad with the social thing that it took me this long to even register and post on a forum.

Auroris    160

It's still active. Slowly. :P For a build to solo the dungeons, you primarily need a leech healing build. Aggro isn't an issue, because nobody is there to compete with you. I don't know specifically what you could use, but try http://www.tswdb.com/builds. You'll be needing an Assault Rifle, at minimum.

For group runs, you'll still want to be looking at that list. If it's gonna be just the two of you, then off the top of my head, you would need one person to healtank it, which is Assault Rifle again, and one on buff DPS. Alternatively, you could split the DPS, with one glass cannon tank, and one leech healer. Again, I can't suggest any specific builds, because I've not actually changed a build in about 2 years, but those are the approximate archetypes you want.

CrazyDogLady    14

That's pretty much the conclusion I'd come to.  I'm just going to have to play around with the abilities a bit, I guess, especially with the recent "Experience" nerf.  I've been running shotgun/AR with my solo character (which I originally got off of this site, and tweaked a bit to suit my playstyle), and it's great as a survival build, but Cthulhu face-planted me in Polaris, repeatedly.  Maybe if I swap a few things out, though...Is "Veteran" a good substitute, or do you think more dps would be a better bet?  I was leaning towards more dps, but I'm also probably going to have to learn to maneuver a bit better, or heal more.

My husband and I did manage to finally get through DW (normal) by both using leech builds.  He healed me and I healed him, so the mobs tended to bounce back and forth between us.  The only one that was really an issue at all was the bug.  That took a few tries, but it's how we figured out the "heal each other" aggro bounce trick.  I was using blade/AR, and he used Ele/AR.  And we ran around.  Lots.  It seems like a strategy that could continue to work, though, provided we have room to maneuver.  We used to do that in other MMO's, and it worked pretty well, as long as we could make sure the mob didn't get so mad at one of us that it refused to change targets.

Thanks for the input. :)  If we get something half-decent working consistently, is it alright if we post it for input/possible improvements?  We're probably going to have to do upgrade runs for a while before we get to elites, but hopefully we'll have it worked out at least a bit before then.

Edited by CrazyDogLady
Trying to spell properly after my brain shut down for the night

CrazyDogLady    14

With all of the changes in the last update, are there any particular builds that need tested?  I know some of the theory-crafters have moved on, so if you need a test subject beta tester, I'd be happy to help out.  I copied one of my characters over to TestLive, so I can always try some stuff out with different gear levels over there to see how it goes.

So far, I'm finding that bumping up crit so it's more even with pen and putting Ele with just about anything pumps out pretty nice dps, even in QL10 blues.  I haven't done much with tanking or healing, though, other than the solo/duo leech stuff.

• Like 1

Daedalus7    5

I have a build I'd like tested...

I like playing around with builds as much as anything else in the game, but I don't do much theorycrafting of my own.  I am basically a solo player, and I've just finished my wheel and am freshly in 10.1 gear.  Since the 15.5 changes, a lot of builds I'd worked out changed in ways that are not viable.  I was using some of Critty's builds, and tweaking my own version of the Pistol/Ele leach heal Scenario build when I came up with this (parentheses denote AOE replacement for single-target actives/passives):

Pistol/Blade

Actives:  Shake and Bake, Stunning Swirl, Dancing Blade (Chop Shop), Hair Trigger (Killer Flow), Shootout (Semi-Auto) , Deadly Aim, Steel Echo

Passives:  Breakdown, Third Degree, Iron Maiden, Finish the Movement (Arterial Pulse), Immortal Spirit, Seal the Deal

This uses the Thirst/Echoes signet setup for leach procs, along with the one passive.  I have the Woodcutter's Wrath and all AR talismans except for one minor health.  The "usual" signets otherwise (Laceration on Head, Breaching/Abuse/Aggression/Fury on weapons - I'm using Breaching on the sword and Fury on the pistols).

The rotation is to lead with Stunning Swirl to get the Vulnerable to Ranged applied, then Dancing Blade, Hair Trigger x3, Dancing Blade, Shootout... followed by Hair Trigger x3, Dancing Blade, Shootout repeated until Stunning Swirl is off cooldown (which happens to work out just about exactly).  This keeps Shootout at the front of Vulnerable to Ranged on each rotation after the first.  Thirst is up pretty much 100% off cooldown as well.

I was skeptical to use Third Degree and Seal the Deal instead of Bloodsport and Gross Anatomy, but my own testing has shown it to be much better.  I didn't think the new version of Finish the Movement could be much good, but this build is kind of built around it and the shortened builder rotation has boosted my sustained DPS a lot.  That's why I'd like someone else to test it.

The other thing I really like about this build is that it is simple and "beginner friendly" (although it clearly is an expensive AP/Gear build) with it's very simple rotation (that stays the same each "cycle" - none of that "first, second, third, fourth, etc. rotation business), and also that it is flexible... You can easily swap out one, two, or three actives to go from full on single-target to full on AOE or something in-between.  You can also easily adapt the cooldowns to your own style/group/location, like swapping out Steel Echo for Win Win for cleanses, or Backup Drone for group/solo support, or Martial Discipline (and maybe even Regeneration) for extra survivability.

Wanna have a go at it?  I'm curious to see what other 15.5 builds people are up to (especially solo builds) that are now incorporating the elite actives and vulnerabilities into them.  Thanks!

Sorry... That should be Claretta's Pistol/Ele leach, I guess?  :D

• Like 1

CrazyDogLady    14

Sure.  I'd be glad to give it a shot.  It might be a little bit before I get back to you on it, though.  My regular gaming rig's CPU fried on Friday, so I'm waiting on the RMA for that.  I'm still playing on my laptop in the meantime, but it'll be better when I'm back to no fps issues.

I figured I'd test on TestLive to make it easier to try different gear levels, since they have the nice folks in Agartha that hand out the gear.  It might not be quite the same as the live server experience, but I should get some idea, anyway.  That way, if something works, but only if you have high enough crit or pen or whatever, we'll know.

I'm currently running Ele/Rifle on live with my solo main (as opposed to my duo main), so I guess I went the opposite direction that you did.  I'm running around 10.2 - 10.3ish with Woodcutter's.  I'm also going for flexibility, since it's nice to be able to swap a couple of abilities to make it AoE vs. single-target.  I was using Shotty/Rifle, but after the update, it seemed like I got such a huge boost with Ele that it was much higher damage.  Woodcutter's seems like enough crit power by itself, so I've dumped it in favor of crit chance to offset the loss of EF auto-crit.

I've been running Chaos/Ele with my QL10 blue-with-a-splash-of-purple alt, and my duo main is Blade/Rifle.  Once I have all of 'em worked out a bit more, I'll gladly post 'em so that people can tell me what I'm doing wrong. :D  I tend to tweak builds to suit my play style, though, so I figure most people will run something slightly different than I do.

I did learn that crit/pen with Live Wire, Elemental Force, lots of Afflict procs, and Power Line/Voltaic hit at 9-10 stacks means that event golems all of a sudden find you way more interesting than you're supposed to be.  There's nothing like a world event to show how out of date your build is, and if you adjust it quickly enough, how squishy you really are.  Bursty glass cannon dps.  At least I know to run to the tank.  Of course, I only ever make it about two steps, but, hey, they're towards the tank.

I'll let you know after I test out the Pistol/Blade build.  It seems interesting.  I know I've used those abilities for Pistol and for Blade, just not together, so it could be fun.  :)

• Like 1