Vanor

Stat requirements for Tokyo

Vanor    21

I just got to Venice, in fact I got as far as taking the mission at the console, then logged off for the night.

I was curious about a couple things.  Right now I have the purple gear from finishing Issue 5, 6 and 7. 

1) Is there any value in staying there long enough to buy the stuff they have for sale?  I know that Issue 12 is going to change things, and I would be able to use BB's to buy stuff there.    Or is that stuff that would get replaced when I get to Tokyo?

2) What stats would you recommend for Tokyo?  Right now I have I think 1400 attack, 300 hit, and 440 pen.  Is that enough or will Tokyo be too much for me?   If not then sticking around to get some of that purple gear may be wise.  I had no real issues with killing things in issue 5 though 7.

Auroris    160

Don't take this as gospel or anything, but I don't think this is sending you too far wrong. :P

1) If I remember correctly (I probably don't), then the only gear particularly worth picking up at the moment is the custom 10.1 stuff, but you'll get one of those for free when you complete the Issue. If you're not interested in scenarios, then I believe once Issue 12 drops, you won't even have to enter one to buy the certification, as it will just cost BB at that point.

2) At this point, I think that sounds OK. (Really don't quote me on this.) The bigger issue you will have will be a build that works well with the AEGIS system.

Vanor    21

but you'll get one of those for free when you complete the Issue.

Ok, I have 2 10.1 items now, a head and neck that I got from finishing Issue 6 and 7.  So that means I'll have 3 going into Tokyo.

If you're not interested in scenarios

I'll try it and see what I think.

The bigger issue you will have will be a build that works well with the AEGIS system.

Thanks for the info.  I have like 5 or 6 builds I use now, I think one of them should work.  Is the in game info about AEGIS good enough or should I look for a guide for that?

Also is there other ways then the scenarios to get stuff for Augments?  I know you can buy some stuff on the AH.  But does stuff also drop in Tokyo?

Pclav    33

Your stats sound fine.

You'll get a custom 10.1 belt for finishing i8.

Buying those purples in sunken library is a waste - it's not upgradable (except for few belts), you'll get more custom gear for finishing issues 9-11.

"Regular" decks are fine for tokyo as long as you don't use leeches because those don't work against shields. Fights will have a specific pace to them. If you're melee you'll have to learn to run and fight. 

There's no other way to get augs then scens. At least for now.

Edited by Pclav
  • Like 1

Vanor    21

Your stats sound fine.

Thanks, I actually updated my stats a bit.  Got the i8 10.1 belt and picked the one with HP's and put a hit on it.  So my hit is 360, but my attack and pen went down slightly.

"Regular" decks are fine for tokyo as long as you don't use leeches because those don't work against shields. Fights will have a specific pace to them. If you're melee you'll have to learn to run and fight. 

That's fine, I don't use much leech heal.  

There's no other way to get augs then scens. At least for now.

Are augs worth picking up before Tokyo?  I have 2 aug items, the accuracy and healing ones.  But as I understand it, and please correct me if I'm wrong.

To slot a aug such as the accuracy one.  I'd need to spend 30sp to get skill level 1 for damage then I need the item, I also need 115ap to harmonize it to unlock the augment itself so I can slot it in one of my powers.   That all correct?

So I'd need 60sp and 230ap to unlock the two augments I have items for?  Because if that's true, and as I understand it AEGIS also require SP I'm kinda stuck either picking one or the other... Or else 'grinding' enough SP to pay for a augment and bank some for AEGIS.  I have the 4 Further Analysis missions to do so banking some SP may be possible. I'm thinking I'll do those before I go to Tokyo anyway.

Also is there other scenario types other then the find and preserve ones?  Because I did one, and to be honest didn't find it all that enjoyable.

Pclav    33

Thanks, I actually updated my stats a bit.  Got the i8 10.1 belt and picked the one with HP's and put a hit on it.  So my hit is 360, but my attack and pen went down slightly.

Umm.. you might have to rebalance that for more AR. Depends on deck, but you really want to cut the mobs down fast in Tokyo. Mobs attack way faster then what you're used to by now and a longer fight means more time in which you can make a mistake and get rekt.

Your calcs for augs are correct.

When it comes to spending AP I was managing ok without swapping AEGIS mid battle, so I could do w/o that line. Damage is always welcomed. Shields are meh.

Do not underestimate the value of those green augments. 150 to AR and HR is a decent bonus, especially at your level of gear. It seems crazy expensive but well worth it. Team elite scenarios are your range and doing some of those should give you a lot of xp. Look for people who want to team.

We can discuss stats and progression till our fingers bleed, but the truth is that the biggest issue with Tokyo is getting used to the new pace of battles. The sooner you adjust to that the easier it will be. Mobs do a lot of AOEs, but they do them in a pattern one after another and that's their downfall. Once you learn that pattern it's like having some supernatural precognition powers and fights will be way easier.

• Like 1

Vanor    21

FWIW...

I got my first Augment last night.  Had the 30sp and 115ap, and I'm only part way though the 2nd Further Analysis mission, so still got a little ways to go before I hit Tokyo.  I got the one that improves my AR, so that should help make Tokyo a bit easier as well.

Pclav    33

Derp, forgot to mention.

Once you start investing in an aug skill line it's good to get that line to lvl 5. higher levels increase your AP cap by a higher amount. If you don't you may end up in a situation that uploading a new aug will need more AP then you can carry.

• Like 1

Vanor    21

Ok  have a few more questions.  :)

I'm in Kaidan and I'm having some issues.  Part of it could be my build, and I'm going to try the Tokyo Survival Build, and see if that works better.  My builds worked fine in Transylvania but I know Kaidan is different.  I can kill most stuff, but a boss is tricky and may or may not kill it.

I have 2 questions.

1) I rely on Immortal Spirit for healing but it seems like it doesn't proc often.  Does it not proc against something with shields?  Or is it just that my pen rating is too low?  It's 414 I think.  I could improve that with a new glyph if that's the issue.

2) AEGIS gear.  I have 4 basic controllers now, and I know that means they're effectively QL0.  I need to get them to .1 or higher to use most of the capacitors or enh mod's.  I looked on the AH and there's no QL0 items for sale.  

If I get 1 controller to 1.1 will that let me slot in some gear or do I need to get all my controllers to 1.1 before I can start using QL1 gear?