Vanor

10.x gear after i12.

Vanor    21

Ok, I'm not quite to this point yet, just started Kaidan the other day and it's starting to smooth out a bit now... But I do have 4 10.1 talismans and a couple 10.1 weapons.

I'm trying to figure out what I need to do to upgrade them when the time comes.  I think I'm ok with 10.1 stuff right now, and need to upgrade my AEGIS stuff.  But I may find myself with extra BB's and want to make sure I know what I'm doing so I don't waste any like I did last night buying Biohazard containers.

At least I think I made a mistake.  I bought 2 and opened them both, but as far as I could tell I got no research for either of them I did get some AEGIS items, like a mod and a cap.  As I understand it you have to fill the container with xp then open it?

Anyway, I have blue glyphs in my 10.1 stuff.  The only way to get custom purple glyphs is to make them yourself, correct?  To do that you would either need to buy or get in a drop a purple glyph toolkit.  That or get 10 green and upgrade them to blue, then 10 blue and upgrade that to purple.  Correct?

Once I do that, then I can start buying upgrade kits for BB's at my faction HQ and upgrade the glyph in my talisman to 10.2 and up, I can also buy kits that will upgrade the talisman to 10.2 and beyond at the same place also for BB's.

That all correct?  Or am I missing something?  I've searched for answers, but most stuff I've found is at least somewhat outdated because i12 changed so much.

Edited by Vanor

Auroris    160

You can only make purple customs with the custom glyph kits. At least prior to 1.12, these only dropped from bosses in Nightmare dungeons. I'm not sure whether this has been specifically changed since 1.12, but I can't remember having seen anything about this changing.

Vanor    21

At least prior to 1.12, these only dropped from bosses in Nightmare dungeons.

Oh ok.  So then I'll never see them unless I run NM dungeons.  Ok thanks. :)  

Pclav    33

Aegis containers:

They work like an event bag or a gambit bag. They have a fixed loot list which includes pax, dock container keys (not every aegis container has those), modules, capacitors, sequins (now BB i guess) and aegis xp, but inly if your active controllers and shield aren't at 100%. So you can either use them to greatly bump you controller % just make sure both your controllers and shield aren't close to 100% for max yeild. Or try to max your key chance and equip 100% stuff - this will remove the aegis xp from the loot list.

Purple glyphs.

kits are either buyable from vendors or looted in nm. Don't do the 10 blues+artisian thing. That will give you a purple kit but it wont be custom, so it wont be upgradable.

thechosenone    112

Yeah the glyph thing also bothers me a little since I don't do NM dungeons, but crafting is the way to I assume. It is worse for PvP'ers though, since they used to be able to get glyphs before from what I hear. 

Kiraalyon    1

The Nightwatch Engineer in your faction sells Custom upgrade kits you can use to upgrade your weapons/talismans and glyphs in return for Black Bullion.  you can get up to 10.5 with straight black bullion, but will need an extra item specified if you're upgrading from 10.4 to 10.5.  The same vendor offers other kits that can boost up to 10.8 but will require marks of the pantheon in addition to BB.  The kits that work for 10.8+ require a Supernal item that only drops in NM raids afaik.

All the items sold at the nightwatch weapon/talisman vendors next to the engineer are upgradeable "Custom" items.  The engineer also sells epic glyph kits for 250BB that make upgradeable glyphs.  The 10.1 rewards from issues 6-11 and 14 are also all upgradeable 

Edited by Kiraalyon
  • Like 1