Sign in to follow this  
Vikestart

TSW Database - New Design

Gaudy    0

Just my two cents of feedback:

1) having search box accessible by default (like it was before redesign) is in my opinion crucial for any database, so it would be nice to have it back (instead of having to click on search button first)

2) weapon modification previews seem to have some loading issues into lightbox - not sure what is the problem, but lightbox is taking rather long to open while just directly opening the linked image is instant

3) also, some pictures seem to be saved as PNG with rather large filesize - for example http://www.tswdb.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/SG_Gilded-Cannon_gold.png (might be just those recent ones though)

Vikestart    106

Just my two cents of feedback:

1) having search box accessible by default (like it was before redesign) is in my opinion crucial for any database, so it would be nice to have it back (instead of having to click on search button first)

2) weapon modification previews seem to have some loading issues into lightbox - not sure what is the problem, but lightbox is taking rather long to open while just directly opening the linked image is instant

3) also, some pictures seem to be saved as PNG with rather large filesize - for example http://www.tswdb.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/SG_Gilded-Cannon_gold.png (might be just those recent ones though)

​Hey there :)

1) There's no difference since I've made it so that the search box is automatically in focus when you click the search icon. The amount of clicks has not changed; you still just need to click once to start typing.

2) It's probably the size of the images themselves. The images in the lightbox do not show until they have finished loading. :) I am going to see if we can reduce the size of the weapon skin images.

3) Images can be .png or .jpg, I am not going to impose a limit regarding filetype, but like I said in the previous point, I am going to look into reducing the size (dimensions) of the images. They are unncessarily big right now.

Gaudy    0

1) There's no difference since I've made it so that the search box is automatically in focus when you click the search icon. The amount of clicks has not changed; you still just need to click once to start typing.

Yes, you would still have to click, but currently the search button is rather small compared to search box - with search box there is less precision required and also it is instantly recognizable while one has to actually look for the search button on the page. But it was just a suggestion.

Regarding lightbox - recently I've taken liking to http://dimsemenov.com/plugins/magnific-popup/ - especially from user's side, since it's quite pretty (and with zoom also feels responsive). But that's off-topic (it's probably not good idea to mix standalones into suites).

Vikestart    106

Well, the search button has been moved to the navigation menu now and is a little bit bigger.

On that note, I've changed the look of the navigation menu a bit as well. :)

All feedback is welcome!

Kle    122

Just a quick note about the hints and mousing over in the web version.

They don't respond. Pictures show up in a slideshow but if there's hints then the picture which shows an answer it can be a mild annoyance (I do like to try to figure out the hints despite the rumors :P)

I'm using Safari on iOS.

Vikestart    106

Safari on iOS.

​There's the problem right there.

xD

I'm going to take a look and see if I can figure it out, but it works just fine in Chrome, Firefox, Opera and even Internet Explorer...

Kle    122

​There's the problem right there.

xD

I'm going to take a look and see if I can figure it out, but it works just fine in Chrome, Firefox, Opera and even Internet Explorer...

​Lol, if you can get it sorted that would be great. Forms and Safari don't get on well. xD