Aeryl

Of turtlenecks and bikinis - a conundrum in two parts

Aeryl    7

Part 1: How do you want to handle clothing that is "matching" but not released as a matching set from the same source? For example, turtleneck sweaters and turtleneck shirts, which depending on gender, come from up to four different sources.

Suggestion: We don't even try to match them up and treat them as entirely different items instead of a gendered set. Perhaps label the event clothing so that it stands out in the list? "Turtleneck sweater, black (Whispering Tide)"?

Part 2: How do you want to handle items that have the same name but look different? For example, there's a "Bikini top, purple" available from Pangaea, and another "Bikini top, purple" from the Item Store.

Suggestion: Same as above, label the Item Store version differently.

Vomher    7

Oh hey! I asked the same question concerning turtleneck sweaters, red, blue, green, and black.

The turtleneck sweaters for males and females come in two different locations, but I'm afraid only females have turtleneck shirts. Oddly though, the turtleneck shirts are the event equivalent for the male acquisition of turtleneck sweaters.... plus more locations for even more female turtleneck shirts. Really, only those four turtleneck sweaters have differing acquisitions between gender. I don't believe they ever brought them back.

I think the Whispering Tide female turtleneck shirts returned in the rotating Darkside vendor, so you could just say for those that they're currently available at X but previously available at Y? 

I think there were item store clothing pieces with similar names, like your purple tops, that spontaneously changed textures one day and they never brought back the old versions. :/

Aeryl    7

I think only three turtleneck sweaters actually clash.

"Turtleneck sweater, black", "Turtleneck sweater, red" and "Turtleneck sweater, green", where the female versions are permanently available from Pangaea and the male versions were only available from the Whispering Tide event. (Edit to add: This is why I suggested labelling the event items differently to distinguish them.)

The "Turtleneck shirts" (female) from the Whispering Tide event are different colors than the ones available from Mabli Mire on Wednesdays.

Vomher    7

Males had, from the Whispering Tide, "Turtleneck sweater, black" ,"Turtleneck sweater, blue", "Turtleneck sweater, green", and "Turtleneck sweater, red". You really never got a blue turtleneck sweater? That's odd. I'll gladly pick up that sweater, then. >_>

And don't mind me, I thought I saw a black turtleneck shirt from the vendor, but it was my bad eyes deceiving me. So it's really just turtleneck sweaters needing two sources. D:

Aeryl    7

There's a "Turtleneck shirt, blue" (f) from the Whispering Tide event, but no sweater. Those only come in beige, black, brown, green, grey, orange and red (from Pangaea).

Edit to add: The female Pangaea and Whispering Tide turtlenecks are already listed. I'm planning on adding the ones from Mabli Mire soon.