Aeryl

Suggestions for the clothing pages

Aeryl    7

Now that the clothing section is getting fuller I'd like to make some suggestions to make it easier to use:

• Add gender icons to each list, similar to collections (perhaps without the image links to keep it compact).
  • Add a filter by gender.
  • Add a filter by (partial) name.
  • If it's not too much strain on the server or bandwidth, add a grid view with thumbnails.

Vikestart    106
1 hour ago, Aeryl said:
  • Add gender icons to each list, similar to collections (perhaps without the image links to keep it compact).
  • Add a filter by gender.

I have added this now. :) You can also click on the gender icons to open up an image, straight from the list.

1 hour ago, Aeryl said:
  • Add a filter by (partial) name.

What do you mean?

1 hour ago, Aeryl said:
  • If it's not too much strain on the server or bandwidth, add a grid view with thumbnails.

Maybe. I'll look into it. :)

Aeryl    7
2 minutes ago, Vikestart said:

What do you mean?

Similar to how the in-game wardrobe works, a text box where you can enter a full or partial name of an item and the list will be filtered to show only matching items.

Vikestart    106
6 minutes ago, Aeryl said:

Similar to how the in-game wardrobe works, a text box where you can enter a full or partial name of an item and the list will be filtered to show only matching items.

Yeah, that can probably be done. It will take a bit longer than adding the two things I just added though. :P

Aeryl    7

It looks like the gender filters aren't working properly on pages that don't have a unisex button.

The only combination that changes anything is male large (on?), female small (off?), which only shows male items. Every other combination shows items for both genders.

Vikestart    106

That's not an issue with the filters.

It's just that it seems that every single item either has male and female versions or only female. There are no clothing items with only male yet.

Aeryl    7

You're right, my bad.

On second thought, I think my confusion stemmed from the fact that the default state for those buttons is "all off", which is the same as "all on" in that it shows everything.

Vikestart    106

Yeah, both "all off" and "all on" will show everything. :)

They are all off by default so that you can instantly filter by 1 type from 1 click, instead of having to uncheck multiple options to filter by a single type.

Aeryl    7

Perhaps add an "ALL" button that's on by default and gets turned off when you click on any of the other buttons? Same basic functionality but a little clearer presentation?

Vikestart    106

Not sure I want to do that. I'd take up unnecessary space and it's actually common behaviour many places that when all filters are unchecked, everything shows, since you're basically not filtering anything.

Anyway, I've added the grid mode now! :D