Sign in to follow this  
JHaskins

The First Sanctuary Initiative Mission [23-01-2016]

Thanks for the report Herb. I am not a field agent but I can help with puzzles and any injuries people sustain along the way. It's been good to get a clear picture of what went off. So far the best I've been able to get from Kyle is "Fing Miss Cap Locks, messing with things she doesn't understand then blaming an eleven year old kid" 

• Like 2

Kle    122

Mission Report: Sanctuary Initiative Initial Mission

Leaders: Evelyne Ryan, Kuro-Hebi

After getting into trouble with the local police for jumping on the roofs while waiting for people, Evelyne helped smooth things over and we waited for the rest of the team to turn up.

After everyone arrived (I’m terrible at names and I was playing with my phone at the time) Evelyne briefed us on the mission and asked us to choose a leader. I offered to take the role but after my recent smear campaign I’m not surprised that they chose Kuro-Hebi. To be honest I’m amazed that anyone actually let me near this mission but that’s another story.

After the briefing, we went upstairs to the PC Bang where Evelyne showed us how to get the first key we needed and was then called away to Venice. At this point those of us who were not tech savvy took the opportunity to guard the doorway or ensure the area was secure. At least three members of the public were turned away, I personally spoke to the manager of the PC Bang and persuaded him that we were a group of gamers who were in cosplay. He seemed to buy the story although to be honest he was so deep in his gaming I could have told him the truth and he probably wouldn’t have cared.

We needed four keys. We had one, we got two others without too much trouble but there was one that was a lot of trouble. I’m no hacker. But from what I understood they kept getting error messages. Evelyne found a way to contact the system admin who could give us a replacement key. We an email and surprisingly the admin was working Saturday and replied with a replacement key.

There was a bit of confusion about what to do once we had the four keys but once we figured it out we got log in details for a camera feed. When we passed these on to Evelyne using the secure channel we were told to vacate the premises as our position may have become compromised. We met at Venice in the Sunken Library.

We were informed that one of the teams had gone missing and ISCARIOT had been in contact with Evelyne through Twitter. They had demanded that Evelyne played a game. After some discussion and an explanation about previous experiences with ISCARIOT it was decided to see what they wanted.

We didn’t have to wait long before they replied with a tweet containing a video. https://youtu.be/qBSjrw23jWI On the surface it’s creepy enough but it has more to it then first meets the eye. Evelyne recognised many of the places in the video from her childhood and the image of the dead bodies at the end seem to stand out most of all to her. But to other people the letters that seemed to be dotted in the video were more important than the threatening tone. Someone noticed that there is a binary sequence right at the start which translates to pastebin. Adding the letters in the video gives pastebin.com/pukiuysq

Evelyne reluctantly told the group about what she discovered in relation to the Extant project. The project had originally started as a way of trying to use Anima to cure illnesses. However at some point it’s goal switched and it started trying to bring back dead people. When it was discovered the project was terminated. By all accounts only one body was discovered and it was so badly damaged it was impossible to identify. The people on the project were either dead or relocated. At this point it was believed everyone associated with the project was dead.

ISCARIOT asked Evelyne for a name. There were at least three she could think of and after some discussion between the group we decided that it was probably Evelyne’s father they were looking for. Even if he was responsible for the project being closed when he discovered it had been changed they were looking for someone to blame.

After giving them a name ISCARIOT gave another pastebin pastebin.com/ab33ebum It appeared to be a list of the people working on the project. Most had a small cross next to them indicating they were dead but two names didn’t Vera Langdon and Clementine Langdon. Evelyne suspected Vera was behind the ISCARIOT account as she had to most to lose when the project was shut down after it was discovered that it was being misused. Her wife had been paralysed in an accident and the project was a way of recovering her. When the project was shut down Vera no longer had a way of saving her wife.

As well as the pastebin the missing agents were released. It was agreed that they should be monitored and that at this point there was not much more we could do until Vera makes her next move. 

I should apologise for not noting individual names, but I’m terrible at names at the best of times. I will add that the group was efficient and worked well despite having not worked together before. In addition the support shown for Evelyne Ryan was overwhelming and all members of the group agreed that they would offer support in future missions if needed.

• Like 3

Kuro-Hebi    12

I'm sorry I was away on Dragon duties for the whole day, thus I didn't write a report. But frankly, Kyle did an excellent job. But if I may add... I'm not surprised we didn't raised suspiscion, you do realize we were in the Dragon's Coils? Even the police downstairs are aware of us in the district, not to mention the manager probably recognized me. 

• Like 2

Chl03    4
5 hours ago, Kuro-Hebi said:

I'm not surprised we didn't raised suspiscion, you do realize we were in the Dragon's Coils? Even the police downstairs are aware of us in the district, not to mention the manager probably recognized me. 

The Dragon were aware that we would be working from Seoul, and all of the paperwork with the local police was in order. 

• Like 2

Kle    122
5 hours ago, Kuro-Hebi said:

I'm sorry I was away on Dragon duties for the whole day, thus I didn't write a report. But frankly, Kyle did an excellent job. But if I may add... I'm not surprised we didn't raised suspiscion, you do realize we were in the Dragon's Coils? Even the police downstairs are aware of us in the district, not to mention the manager probably recognized me. 

I'm not usually that efficient. It was only because Evelyne and James kept asking me questions. It was just easier to put it all down on paper. Even then I had James looking over my shoulder asking me what I mean by "That woman" :P

• Like 2