DarkMoonrise

build proposal shotgun / elemental

DarkMoonrise    17

Hi every one,

Here is a proposition of build. It is strongly inspired from the build "striker" from Mikail but only based on Critical Power. By the way the striker build is no more accessible otherwise than by searching for it in the search function. Is it because of the 1.11.1 update?

Best regards,
Darky

-= Name =-
"It's hammer time", Shotgun / Elemental dungeon DPS build

-= Build =-
http://www.tsw-builder.com/#76v770742615663613735776p612614223210253623836
(20150409 edit: Replace "Twist The Knife" with "Violent Strikes", proposed by TheZerok666, tested and approved)
(20150409 edit: Replace "Closer" with "Improved Strikes" to add 7.5% damage to "Striker" too)

-= Stats =-
Attack Ratting: 4000, Hit: 650, Penetration: 900, Critical Power: 500
Shotgun: Critical Power, Elemental: Critical Power

-= Description =-
This build is based on critical power only. It has a high DPS peak every 3 rotations, and even more at the 1st cycle when under buffs. It is well fitted for short fight but is able to hold a good DPS if the fight continues further.
Bonus, if every DPS in the group is using this build, you can sing "It's hammer time" all together while smashing boss's face with 6 critic Thor's hammer under buffs and seeing your act explode into firework. It's pretty epic!

-= Auxiliary =-
Standard use of auxiliary weapons.
For motion: Rocket Laucher - Death From Above + Rocket Science
For DPS: Whip - Crack + Whiplash (for optimal use, alternate the use of this one between 3 players.)
For DPS: Chainsaw - Timber + Revved Up (20150409 edit: Ciritty suggestion, not tested but make sense)
For aoe: Flamethrower - Dragon's Breath + Searing Magnesium

-= Situational abilities =-
- No need of Short fuse? -
If the group already has short fuse you can replace short fuse with Electric Manifestation (there is no place in the rotation for fire manifestation). Cast Electric Manifestation at the same time than Bombardment (when it's up). With this version you gain a short Buff of 7% damage on elemental attack each time you cast Electric Manifestation, it means 7% damage increase on both Thor's Hammer under buff, mouahaha.

- Need aoe? -
Replace either Short Fuse or Lock, Stock & Barrel with Scattershot. Without Lock, Stock & Barrel, you have to adapt the rotation, you will probably loose builders.

- Short fight? -
Short fight means fight shorter than 30 seconds. Replace Improved Strikes with Final Fuse.

- You can stay still? -
Replace bombardment with Do or Die. No change in the rotation only 20% buff on Thor's hammer! mouahaha again.

-= How it works =-
The big part of the DPS comes from casting 4 consumers + elite on buff at the beginning of the fight.

Stay close to the target to allow Raging Bullet to maximize its DPS.

If you go full derp with the rotation, try to keep Thor's hammer on Elemental Force, a big part of the DPS comes from this hit. You can without problem cast Raging Bullet just before or after Thor's Hammer, it doesn't influence the DPS and it allows to resync the rotation with Elemental Force. Another way to resync is to cast Raging Bullet without 5 builders and to cast Thor's hammer under Anima charge (more tricky).

-= Rotation =-
- Before fight -
Anima charge
Lock, Stock & Barrel

- Rotation 1 -
Striker (EF1)
Striker (EF2)
Striker (EF3)
Striker (EF4)
Striker (EF5)
Short fuse [+dabs from other player #2]
[If using Whiplash, other player #1 should do it here]
Bombardment [buffed]
Raging Bullet (EF6) [buffed]
Thor's Hammer (EF7) [buffed + 100% crit chance due to Anima Charge]
Thor's Hammer (EF!) [buffed + 100% crit chance due to Elemental Force]

- Rotation 2 -
Raging Bullet (EF1) [50% buffed, depending on sync of buff between players]
Striker (EF2)
Striker (EF3)
Striker (EF4)
Striker (EF5)
Striker (EF6)
[If using Whiplash, other player #2 should do it here]
Raging Bullet (EF7)
Thor's Hammer (EF!) [100% crit chance due to Elemental Force]

- Rotation 3 -
Striker (EF1)
Striker (EF2)
Striker (EF3)
Striker (EF4)
Striker (EF5)
Crack! (EF6) [If not using Whip replace it with Striker, but you loose a builder in this case]
Raging Bullet (EF7)

- Rotation 1bis -  [= rotation 1 without buff]
Striker (EF1)
Striker (EF2)
Striker (EF3)
Striker (EF4)
Striker (EF5)
Anima charge
Lock, Stock & Barrel
[If using Whiplash, other player #1 should do it here]
Bombardment
Raging Bullet (EF6)
Thor's Hammer (EF7) [100% crit chance due to Anima Charge]

From here the fight should be over otherwise continue with rotations 2-3-1bis-2-3-1[group buffs are back]-etc

-= Augments =-
Striker : Prise [+Hit]
Raging Bullet : Accurate [+Attack Rating]
Thor's Hammer : Ferocious [+Critical Power]
Short Fuse : Safeguarding [-Damage taken]
Anima charge : Quickening [+Damage+heal]
Lock, Stock & Barrel : Inspiring [+Damage
Bombardment : Brutal [Critical Rating]

-= Signets =-
It's hard to recommend signet because it's strongly dependent of player's deck. The suggestion below shows the best combination I can think of but it's not what I have. It's very basic, there is nothing to proc or what ever, only Critical Power on strik attack.
Head : Laceration
Major : Violence/Howling Oni - Egon Pendant - Violence
Minor : Subway Tokens - Assassination - Assassination - Assassination - Assassination - Assass... oh sorry, only 3 are allowed
Shotgun : Abuse
Elemental : Aggression

-= Thanks =-
I want to thanks Mikail for his build "Striker", on which this build is strongly based.

Edited by Vikestart
Correction
  • Like 1

Ciritty    169

Heya! I'm not very fond of touching other people's work so I currently have a post in the making for people to send in their builds like you did here! :D 

If I like the setup posted on these forums of people I do not mind writing my own guide about the builds with the consent of the creator (Naturally they'll still be credited for the build but I want to write the guide in a format that is easy to remember and adjust for me as you can imagine updating so many different guides can be difficult!).

I will go through your guide in a bit :P a little occupied thanks for sharing though! :D

• Like 1

Ciritty    169

Replace "Twist The Knife" with "Violent Strikes". Since you're using strikes a lot, that'll give you a huge benefit, while "Twist The Knife" is triggered by penetration.

​Heya! You can now edit posts -

Comments on the setup:

I think you should also recommend the use of Timber for short fights!

If you're not bringing Shortfuse you could consider bringing another consumer (Out for a Kill) allowing you to use ambrosia in short fights when you don't have time to cast Thor twice!

DarkMoonrise    17

Oh I didn't see you proposed things :) Thanks a lot, I edited the post to fit your suggestions.

If you're not bringing Shortfuse you could consider bringing another consumer (Out for a Kill) allowing you to use ambrosia in short fights when you don't have time to cast Thor twice!

​Yes but for very very short fight. In this case you can adapt the whole build like that :
http://www.tsw-builder.com/#76v770742615702661735776p612741223210253623836

First rotation :
Lock, Stock & Barrel
Electric Manifestation
Striker (EF1)
Striker (EF2)
Striker (EF3)
Striker (EF4)
Striker (EF5)
Raging Bullet (EF6)
Out For a Kill (EF7)
Thor's Hammer (EF!)
Ambrosia (during Thor's hammer)
Raging Bullet (EF1)

I didn't test that but that's the best I can think of without test. What do you think?