Neoxaro

Newbie: Tank weapon

Neoxaro    0

Hello,

I will start this evening and i would like to know which class for is Good for tanking ?

My choice : 

- full punisher: Hammer/shotgun

- Shotgun/chaos (beginning Punisher or Trickster)

- AR / chaos (maybe not viable in SWL)

Which one is better for begenning/solo and endgame. I heard which shotgun is good for solo but the other ?

Sincerly.

Riddled    0

First of all, AR/Chaos isn't really viable. Chaos/AR might be, but IMHO AR doesn't really bring anything to the table and takes up a precious slot if you want to use its grenades.

That being off the table, you are picking between Hammer/shotgun and Shotgun/chaos. I'd personally go for hammer/shotgun, mainly to avoid having to reload too often which triggers an annoying GCD which leaves you unable to interrupt anything. With shotgun as a secondary you can do thirty second rotations with just one reload, or using the passive combat reload you can tank without reloads! Also tanking with the hammer PBAOE will be easier than with shotgun's blasts for your basic skill. And burning wrath (5e power ability) combines well in terms of rotations with rocket pod, and rocket pod has a nice passive which can net you a nice damage reduction (26% without diminishing returns accounted for).

And with that said, it also is a starting class which makes it very easy to roll. You can roll shotgun/hammer until you got the AP to flip to hammer/shotgun, which is doable by the end of KM.

Vikestart    106

Personally, I like Hammer/Chaos so far, both for soloing and as a good candidate combination for tanking.

You have good damage output at the same time as having access to high hate abilities to keep aggro. There are also good several abilities that can apply Exposed / Debilitated.

And you also don't have to worry too much about the weapon gimmicks, which is nice since tanks often have a lot of other things to concentrate on. Chaos just works automatically and while Hammer benefits from some attention to the Rage metre, it's hard to get it wrong or screw up too much, unlike with a lot of the other weapon gimmicks.