camazotz

So you just got to Kaidan...

camazotz    110

I seem to keep seeing this question being asked a lot in sanctuary chat in game, and this is in no means meant to take away from the awesome aegis guide (;) take a bow Ciritty) this is more of a first steps in Kaidan type of snapshot.  Some tips that (maybe, probably, hopefully) wont leave you a corpse.

So, you have your first 3 controllers, and feeling pretty good with yourself.  What do you do now? Analysis suggest the best way to go is to put a controller on each of your weapons, and the third on your main weapon (some may even say better to have it on your secondary).  This way, you are always levelling 2 controllers as you take your first tentative steps in Kaidan.  But which two i hear you ask?  A quick look around will show that there are all 3 types in the vicinity, depending in what direction you go.

Northern Kaidan area:

• Northern area: is the dominion of the Demonic.
  • Westerly to roughly the south: Cybernetic.
  • Easterly to south: Psychic. 

For Southern Kaidan area:

• Docks:  Demonic.
  • The bridge and train yard: Cybernetic. 
  • Main living area: Psychic.

This should help in determining which controller you arm for which area.  This is only the first step though.  The next step is learning the patterns and tells of your foes, so you can know when to dodge and when to unleash the damage!  Now personally, I'd suggest taking on single mobs while trying to learn their particular tells (if at all possible - not always the case) This is particularly helpful, as you can watch what they are dropping and see just what each one of their attacks do.

Some have even told me in my journeys that staying near the agartha entrance and taking on the Deep Ones there helped a lot.  It's all personal preference at the end of the day.  Basically, it boils down to most of the enemies dropping lots crap on the ground that you don't want to stand on or channeling stun/knockdown attacks (looking at you evolved filth/onryo/kyonshi)

This is an ongoing help thread, so add to it and ask questions! I know i have probably missed things - im only human afterall 

• Like 5

Baesty    24

What sort of gear level should I be looking at going in with?  I'm struggling in mostly QL10 blues, but it could be because I got used to the EPE nerf quite quickly and ended up getting complacent and slightly overgeared when finishing Transylvania.

camazotz    110

What sort of gear level should I be looking at going in with?  I'm struggling in mostly QL10 blues, but it could be because I got used to the EPE nerf quite quickly and ended up getting complacent and slightly overgeared when finishing Transylvania.

:Pmaybe you got complacent.....err i mean.  ​If you haven't got any issues you can run to acquire the purples they dish out at the end, maybe see if there are any purple QL10 on the market/QL10 purple toolkits - they wont be upgradeable moving forwards, but its a start.  Just note that it can be pricey. 

just a note...slightly overgeared for Transylvania, that doesn't really make a lick of difference when kaidan hands you your butt.  I tend to think of Kaidan more as a rebirth.  Sure we're all tough bees, the we get to tokyo and get our butts kicked - as was intended

Escritores    71

​THAT's the map i had in mind......just couldn't remember where I'd seen it

​I'll make the new one soon when I remember it. Still need to map out southern parts precisely... :)

camazotz    110

​I'll make the new one soon when I remember it. Still need to map out southern parts precisely... :)

​The southern parts weren't too bad if i remember - gets a little more fiddly with remembering the tiny area of demonic east of the boathouse.  Gets even more fiddly if you were thinking of having a note about the containers on the docks - but as thats more a situational thing, thats neither here nor there.

As it has it, I've been having a hard time just finding a map of it that doesn't have the legend part splashed on it (well i did try to take a screenshot of it in game afterall)

DarkDean    16

Two Kaidan noob questions:

1. I read advice to upgrade one controller to 1.9 first, which allows you to equip higher level capacitors. Which controller should be upgraded first? Is there one that's more useful for someone who just started the area?

2. AE capacitors look to come in different levels. Are these upgraded, or will I find them with drops and quest rewards?

Thanks for the post!

camazotz    110

Two Kaidan noob questions:

1. I read advice to upgrade one controller to 1.9 first, which allows you to equip higher level capacitors. Which controller should be upgraded first? Is there one that's more useful for someone who just started the area?

2. AE capacitors look to come in different levels. Are these upgraded, or will I find them with drops and quest rewards?

Thanks for the post!

1. The question really boils down to what areas you stomp around most in Kaidan.  Personally, I had demonic on my main and psychic on my secondary at the same time....so they roughly hit 1.9 at the same time.  I did it like that, because 1) I really wanted to kill me some Oni (and nabbed the 10k kill achievement while i was at it) and 2) I found I kept dipping into the psychic area a lot.

​2. Capacitors do indeed come in different levels, and within those levels, there are different percentage spreads shown here (props to Nordy) they come in drops or sometimes in the filth barrel from a quest turn in or indeed, on the Auction house (the lower ones were quite cheap the last time I looked)

Edited by camazotz
  • Like 1

kuro    113

What sort of gear level should I be looking at going in with?  I'm struggling in mostly QL10 blues, but it could be because I got used to the EPE nerf quite quickly and ended up getting complacent and slightly overgeared when finishing Transylvania

​First time I got in Kaidan on a young alt, I was able to go around in couple greens, blues and one 10.1 major. (Got as far as The Pachinko Model). I was in chaos\blood tho. I switched to my chaos\hammer, problem solved xD 

My build for Kaidan would always be a builder and a consumer for each weapon.  Some impairs also (1 or 2 to stop shield regeneration on mobs or to give me time to heal).  

• Like 1