thechosenone

Introduction Thread

Hello, my name is Spud.
I am new to the world and completely fascinated by it. The only thing I am missing is others to share the adventures with. But I imagine this will change in due time.
So far I've journeyed deep into the Hammers and Chaos sectors. I intend on being a tank focused player until I get a firm grasp over this alien UI. By then I believe I will understand core mechanics enough to master healing. My goal is to bring strong utility and powerful function to those groups who would welcome me.

There so much to take in right away. Every thing is different from my norm, and its not uncomfortable at all to say the least. It's a lot of very welcomed change. I do tend to get excited often at this time, the sensation of discovery has been very fluid for me these past few days. 
And as with any new player, I'm having my share of growing pains. But no where close to overwhelming, I am enjoying this challenge.

So howdy folks! Any mentors taking pupils at this time?

• Like 1

Auroris    160

Welcome to the game, Spud.

You'll like it here. It's a very different game, yes. Which is definitely good. As for mentors and pupils, that pretty much describes Sanctuary. :P

Shivvies    59

Hey folks,

This is Shivs and I'm hungry, in need of sleep and drunk.

This, as the statistics will witness from time to time, is not something ephemeral but quite constant.

I like kittens; call all cats, big or small, kittens; hope to understand how to glyph at some point; quietly accept my diploma as the new cat bed; and admire pink ponies.

I am also known (heh) as Loxies and Ditzies.

Kisses.

• Like 4

Deceiver    3

Hey!

I'm no stranger to the game nor Sanctuary, but the forums all are new for me. But I'm more of a stalker, behind the shadows in the night. Watching. Seeing.

Always watching.

• Like 3

Kiernon    68

Hello strangers and companions, new and old.

You might have a vague recollection of that guy with the hats; that might've been me.

In the game I'm mostly Astrus "Kiernon" Darksun, somewhat affilated with the smurfs. My other personas include Cedora "Dunkelsonn" Darksun with the Templars and Masao "Ryjalon" Darksun with the Dragon.

All of them a part of the House of the Dark Sun [Don't worry if this means nothing to you, it's all my inane delusions. I need to make more time to RP...]

I'll have to salvage the background information I've posted on the old forums at some point and put it up here to give you a slight insight to how all of this fits together in my twisted mind.

On the other side of the screen I'm pretty boring.

I'm a German guy called Martin and drawing dreadfully close to 30.

I'm into books, some music, and obviously games. Also other hobbies that allow me to be unsociable.

As for MMOs, I've played quite a number of them.

Aside from being a lifer in TSW a short excerpt from my onlinegaming history includes

• DAoC - Still looking for a game that manages to recreate the brilliant RvR experience.
  • WoW - The game that got me hooked on the genre. I might want to have a look at it again when that "WoW token" system is implemented.
  • Guild Wars - Sooo much time spent with this one. I'm pretty much out of things to do, though.
  • SWTOR - I'm a huge Star Wars fan and the storytelling is pretty good. On the other side, the outdated subscription model keeps me from coming back to it.
  • Elder Scrolls Online - It's pretty but it's no DAoC
  • And various others

Most of my characters are using Dunkelsonn or Darksun as a last name where available so if it sounds familiar that might've been me.

Other than that, well, I'm suffering from depression. It's causing me to be somewhat unreliable and just disappear at times.

Right now I'm not online as often as I'd like while I'm trying to leave one such episode behind me. Those of you frequenting the old forum may have figured out that all the stuff going on was getting too much for me to handle.

The work on our first floor is pretty much done by the way, thanks for wondering about that. There's still about 90 cardboard boxes to go through and reintegrate into the household but all the heavy lifting is done.

Normalcy is within arms reach.

Except for the basement, everyone is just ignoring that for now as nobody has the mental strength left to deal with it.

So yeah, that's about it I guess.

tl;dr

The German guy with the hats. Also likes to whine.

• Like 3

Hey there all. I've just bought Secret World and it's quite a bit different from any other MMO I've ever played. It's "Sebastian (IrishCaptain) Aurelia" In game if you wouldn't mind saying hello, also I could definitely do with a guide that isn't a massive column of text :D 

• Like 1