Sign in to follow this  
Dryadria

Hammer/Blade DPS build for 1.11

Dryadria    20

This is a melee dps build I came up with today... it's pretty strong ^^ I've copied this from a DPS guide i wrote on my cabals forum [Four]. I've only played this game for about 4 months now, so there is a lot of things I do not know, and I'm very open to constructive criticism ^.^

Build: http://www.tsw-builder.com/#21v211165222104235135146a10p612421121932845210836a11

Hammer/Blade
Burst DPS
Decent sustainable DPS

Elemental Force, Momentum

Augments:
Grand Slam -
Piercing
Sling Blade - Fierce
Molten Steel - Brutal
Dancing Blade - Ferocious
Full Momentum - Accelerating
Steel Echo - Accurate
Masters House - Curing

Starting rotation:
Grand Slam EF1 M1
Grand Slam EF2 M2
Grand Slam EF3 M3
Grand Slam EF4 M4
Grand Slam EF5 M5
Molten Steel EF6 M
Full Momentum 
Molten Steel EF7 M
Dancing Blade EF

Timber EF1
Sling Blade EF2
Grand Slam EF3 M1
Grand Slam EF4 M2
Grand Slam EF5 M3
Grand Slam EF6 M4
Grand Slam EF7 M5
Dancing Blade EF

Molten Steel EF1 M
Grand Slam EF2 M1
Grand Slam EF3 M2
Grand Slam EF4 M3
Grand Slam EF5 M4
Grand Slam EF6 M5
Molten Steel EF7 M
Dancing Blade EF

Regular rotation:
Timber EF1
Grand Slam EF2 M1
Grand Slam EF3 M2
Grand Slam EF4 M3
Grand Slam EF5 M4
Grand Slam EF6 M5
Molten Steel EF7 M
Dancing Blade EF

Sling Blade EF1
Grand Slam EF2 M1
Grand Slam EF3 M2
Grand Slam EF4 M3
Grand Slam EF5 M4
Grand Slam EF6 M5
Molten Steel EF7 M
Dancing Blade EF

Why these abilities:

• Grand Slam - Strong single target builder, and it's important to use a hammer builder since it builds momentum for you, making your Molten Steels more powerful.
  • Sling Blade - Filler ability, since it only have a 15 sec cooldown you can alternate it with Timber to keep the Momentum right.
  • Molten Steel - Not the most powerful single target consumer, but the 15% extra critical power and 30% extra crit chance makes up for it. Put a brutal augment on it to get the crit chance even higher.
  • Dancing Blade - A channeled attack, meaning if you use it on Elemental Force, every hit of it will crit, making it very powerful.
  • Timber - Timber is a very strong attack, and also applies a very strong Damage Over Time effect on the enemy. 

Edited by Vikestart
  • Like 1

Vikestart    106

Nice! :) Also, I merged your posts.

Personally, I prefer this rotation though:

• Grand Slam x5
  • Molten Steel
  • Molten Steel (Full Momentum)
  • Dancing Blade
  • Molten Steel (Ambrosia)

• Timber
  • Grand Slam x4
  • Molten Steel
  • Dancing Blade

• Grand Slam x5
  • Sling Blade/Timber
  • Molten Steel
  • Dancing Blade

Dryadria    20

yeah id do something like that if i had ambrosia, you just run through it so quickly and you dont really need it so i often just skip it ^^

but like this:

• Grand Slam x5
  • Molten Steel
  • Full Momentum 
  • Molten Steel
  • Dancing Blade

• Ambrosia
  • Molten Steel
  • Timber
  • Grand Slam x5
  • Dancing Blade

• Molten Steel
  • Grand Slam x5
  • Molten Steel
  • Dancing Blade

• Timber / Sling Blade
  • Grand Slam x5
  • Molten Steel
  • Dancing Blade

For some reason it doesnt let me edit that post either so had to post this as another reply lolz >.<

Vikestart    106

That looks good as well. :P

Also, you should be able to edit your posts within 5 minutes of posting them. I've increased the limit to 10 minutes now. :)

Dryadria    20

That looks good as well. :P

Also, you should be able to edit your posts within 5 minutes of posting them. I've increased the limit to 10 minutes now. :)

​Guess im just a slowpoke thenz hehe ^.^ thank youzz!

Ciritty    169

I was like, Did I forget to make a Hammer/blade... nope it's there! :P http://www.tswdb.com/builds/dungeon-dps/dungeon-dps-build-hammerblade/ 

Some info regarding builders, the additional hit of grandslam is a proc. Procs do not benefit from buffs as such once you get over 40%~ damage increase Smash will do more damage than GrandSlam, getting over 40% is not very difficult! 

Lethality, closer, twist the Knife is already 10+9+7.5 =26.5% Now if you have signets such as hammer signet/equilibrium you can add up to 21% on a couple of builder hits, if you have aggression/abuse/fury if anyone uses shortfuse or you use Masterhouse it's not very hard to be over 40%! :D 

In any case, my setups don't show augments nor a lot of rotation info as I try to keep it simple (Guiding the young!) and appreciate your more elaborate guide in that regard! :3 (Regarding Curing, it's best on slingblade when you have a coney island band, same duration as cooldown). ^^ 

Dryadria    20

yeah i was thinking that Smash would be more efficient (bec of what you mentioned)... but wasnt sure ^^

and i dont have a coney )': but youre right, curing on sling blade could be better ^^ it woulndt proc in buffs though, meaning coney and equi wouldnt proc for the buffed consumers...

And ive never been to tswdb so had no idea there were builds there, my bad, sorry

Edited by Dryadria

Ciritty    169

yeah i was thinking that Smash would be more efficient (bec of what you mentioned)... but wasnt sure ^^

and i dont have a coney )': but youre right, curing on sling blade could be better ^^ it woulndt proc in buffs though, meaning coney and equi wouldnt proc for the buffed consumers...

And ive never been to tswdb so had no idea there were builds there, my bad, sorry

​Nothing to be sorry about :D! What did you mean with wouldn't proc in buffs? I'm guessing you mean if you use timber instead of sling blade first rotation? ;) If so you could also put another support augment on Master house to ensure it procs in the first rotation too :D

Again; your guide is totally valued either way :P Mines isn't quite in depth and is nice to see your choices based on experience with the setup ^^

Edited by Ciritty

Dryadria    20

i usually put curing on my self-buff, because then equi will proc just before my consumers :3 if you had it on sling blade youd have to do like 5 builders, sling blade, molten steel, dancing blade, full momentum, molten steel and so on :P