thechosenone

Room 33 [Random Chat Topic]

thechosenone    112

I just watched Kingsman: The Secret Service, a shock-factor James Bond like movie by Matthew Vaughn. While that sounds like it should be a good time, I kinda tuned out after the line "I'm a Catholic whore, currently enjoying congress out of wedlock with my black Jewish boyfriend who works at a military abortion clinic. Hail Satan, and have a lovely afternoon madam." after which the main character murders about 100 people in a church. Ok maybe that was slightly funny.

That is not why I am complaining about this movie. Honestly I tuned out in the first scene of the movie. I really can't see why people were so positive about this one. Well... there's always next time. I have to admit the movie did have it's moments though and Colin Firth was glorious. But bad writting, some terrible acting and a whole lot of over the top bullshit. Not impressed. Not impressed at all.

Manners maketh man, but a good movie this is not.

Edited by thechosenone
  • Like 1

Kiernon    68

So, I got on the bike bandwagon. The headlights don't seem to work, though.

RyChopper.thumb.jpg.3d053d8669450d316636

I found a workaround

RyChopper2.thumb.jpg.fc36db9e237211a0abd

But then again there's still that blindfold so GET OUT OF THE WAY!

• Like 1

Skoja    4

I had the same reaction to Kingsman. I loved the premise, loved Colin Firth and the whole kick-ass gentleman thing. But at times it got so puerile and crass it was at war with itself. 

• Like 1

thechosenone    112

I had the same reaction to Kingsman. I loved the premise, loved Colin Firth and the whole kick-ass gentleman thing. But at times it got so puerile and crass it was at war with itself. 

Yeah it's a shame because this was a movie that I was really excited about. I just wasn't feeling it I suppose. At least this movie gave FOX the confidence to make Deadpool a rated R movie. For that I will always be grateful. 

Auroris    160

OK, so I've sort of stopped posting random lunatic pictures recently. It was entirely an accident. Anyway, how many of these can you get without having to think too hard or look it up. Be honest. :P

Intellectual Jokes

I had to stop and think about 3 for a moment. I've no idea who the person in number 9 is, and I don't know enough about everyone in 13.

• Like 1

Kiernon    68

17 out of 20 is a lot better than I would've given myself credit for. Especially since I consider myself anything but intellectual.

I had to look up someone for 13, had to think about 9, and a while too, and I don't get 12.

Kiernon    68

22)

What does a dyslectic atheist insomniac do?

He stays up all night wondering if there really is a dog.

​Religion is not really one of my strong points, for various reasons, but wouldn't that be a dyslectic agnostic insomniac?

I always thought athenists atheists were the ones believing that there is no dog.

Pclav    33

​Religion is not really one of my strong points, for various reasons, but wouldn't that be a dyslectic agnostic insomniac?

I always thought athenists atheists were the ones believing that there is no dog.

​While an atheist can have a "crisis of faith" and wonder on the existence of a dog, an agnostic cannot.

An agnostic could wonder how to prove if there really is a dog.

Agnostics don't care if a dog exists or not. They want a solid scientific proof of a dog or the lack of thereof. It's the road not the destination that matters for them. :)