Kle

The Secret Podcast

Kle    122

I have been working on a little side project recently. It's something I've wanted to do for quite a while now and I finally got off my behind and done something about it :D

So may I present to you...

The Secret Podcast

As it currently stands it's a site that brings all the news and events that are going on in The Secret World.

It's still a work in progress and there's a few things that need improving on but I'm learning as I go.

One of things that I need to sort is the lack of a podcast. If you're interested then feel free to drop me a line, no experience needed. I'd also like to have other people writing for the site too so if you if you've got any ideas or suggestions let me know.

So there is my little project. Please be kind :$

• Like 7

Kle    122

It's true. BTV is the only podcast of sorts that The Secret World has at the moment. They do great work but a lot of emphasis is on being present at the live recording and if you can't be there it can feel like you're missing out.

I'm hoping that by recording a podcast that doesn't rely on streaming (except maybe for special events) we'll be able to bring people news and stories from TSW but without them feeling like they have to be there in the chat channel.

Live is fun but I know I'm often in bed when BTV is streaming :(

• Like 3

Escritores    71

It's true. BTV is the only podcast of sorts that The Secret World has at the moment. They do great work but a lot of emphasis is on being present at the live recording and if you can't be there it can feel like you're missing out.

I'm hoping that by recording a podcast that doesn't rely on streaming (except maybe for special events) we'll be able to bring people news and stories from TSW but without them feeling like they have to be there in the chat channel.

Live is fun but I know I'm often in bed when BTV is streaming :(

​Yeah that's true it's a great idea to be honest, Kle.. In my opinion also a shorter form of podcast would be awesome so you don't have to sort trough 1-2 hours, again not that there's anything wrong with what BTV is doing it's great for what it is but more options and different ones are allways awesome... :) 

• Like 1

Kle    122

I've been talking over a few ideas with Auroris. We thought about half an hour (maybe longer depending on the topics or how heated the discussions get). But something you can listen to on your way home. 

I certainly don't want to take away from what BTV does, they're great at livestreaming and they've got a brilliant rapport with the community. I don't intend to replace them by any means, as you said I just want to add to the options.

• Like 1

thechosenone    112

I've been talking over a few ideas with Auroris. We thought about half an hour (maybe longer depending on the topics or how heated the discussions get). But something you can listen to on your way home. 

I certainly don't want to take away from what BTV does, they're great at livestreaming and they've got a brilliant rapport with the community. I don't intend to replace them by any means, as you said I just want to add to the options.

​I think even 30 minutes is long. Imho less is more. I think it would great if it is more on a story by story basis rather than a set length or time you have to fill. If it is a slow news week you shouldn't have to have a certain amount of content. :) 

I would also rather listen to three 3-10 minute episodes that each focus on single topic rather than a 30 minutes episode that focuses on three topics.  

Kle    122

​I think even 30 minutes is long. Imho less is more. I think it would great if it is more on a story by story basis rather than a set length or time you have to fill. If it is a slow news week you shouldn't have to have a certain amount of content. :) 

Agreed. We want it to have a format. The time length would be a guide. It wouldn't be set in stone. We would want to give each story a decent amount of coverage but we wouldn't drag the podcast to an arbitrary length if we didn't have anything to fill it. Personally I hate it when podcasts do that.

• Like 2

thechosenone    112

I also had a comment on the website btw that I don't think I have mentioned yet. I think it might be good to display about 5 or 10 articles on the homepage by default instead of just 1 with an "older posts" button. ;)

• Like 1

Kle    122

I've been playing around with the format of the front page. Ideally I'd like for the front page to have summaries of each of the articles and for it to take you to the article but haven't found a way to make it work like that.

I thought just showing the one would maybe prompt it to but no dice. I forgot to change it back. I'm not a technology whizz unfortunately but I will be changing the amount of stories on the front page.

• Like 1

Auroris    160

There should be a 'More' button somewhere in the post editor, that will automatically make the post cut off on the home screen. It's what I use for the, admittedly rare, longer articles on my blog.

• Like 1