Sign in to follow this  
Skoja

Noobtastic Gatekeeper question

Skoja    4

So...I managed to get pretty far solo/duo and skip most of the group/dungeon stuff. I need to do Gatekeeper and I understand I need a purge. Sadly, shotgun and elie are seriously the last thing I've put points in.  The guides I have been reading are more confusing. A few of them say that even if I manage to equip a purge passive and defeat gatekeeper with my other-than-shotgun/elie builds, I still will be at a loss without Cleanup in nightmare dungeons. Is this true? Currently I use Hammer/Fist DPS and am happy with it. Please advise what I need to get thru gatekeeper using my AP efficiently and I will bake cookies. Pink cookies with ponies on top if necessary.

Escritores    71

You can do fine as a DPS without cleanup in NMs... There's 1 dungeon where it's used a lot that's really it but more than likely someone else in your team will have it so it shouldn't be a problem. Just let people know when you do HR that you don't have it for the last boss so someone else can slot it there if they so desire. :)

Edited by Escritores

Auroris    160

Yeah, Cleanup is very helpful to have in Hell Raised, but so long as your group are not going into the last fight expecting you to have it, and then suddenly you don't, it should be fine. Or they are a horrible group.

kuro    113

Snippity-snip

I'm afraid that for GK you really need a purge. As for NMs it is useful in some dungeons.
It also makes life much easier in Hell Raised. 

I'd suggest you try to maybe tank GK? 

Shivvies    59

To be honest, as one third of the DPS, you won't need to purge or cleanse that often so as to call that a requirement. However, especially starting groups will tell you that melee DPS is not the best for nightmares and ask for cleanup for certain fights. If you have dedicated groups or run into people more relaxed and/or confident in their nightmare runs, you should have zero trouble with either melee or no purge/cleanse. I suppose, what I'm saying is, it is not a requirement but a lot of people THINK it is.

Cheers...

Shivvies    59

And yes, a reliable purge would save a lot of headache for the Gatekeeper. Again, if you are willing to try for a couple more times than you absolutely have to, it should be quite doable with less-than-reliable purges.

Cheers again!

Skoja    4

Thanks for the feedback...I'm going to concentrate on finishing up my wheel and doing all the elites I need for GK. Just bought GM so that makes me feel less pressured to be in a hurry.

• Like 3