Sign in to follow this  
Vikestart

Cleanup vs Perjury - Machine Tyrant

Escritores    71

CU does have a range tho. ;)
From the anima well and the party is on the upper left corner of the map, CU won't get to them.

​That it indeed does, but hopefully if a CU guy dies people aren't dumb to run to the opporsit corner of the map... :P

Vikestart YMMV in team consistency. :ph34r: :P

• Like 1

kuro    113

​That it indeed does, but hopefully if a CU guy dies people aren't dumb to run to the opporsit corner of the map... :P

​Can't control the well spawn >.< 

• Like 1

Dryadria    20

I'd say perjury, since it's hard to get everyone to use CU at the right time, and if all dpsers have to equip shotgun their dps will drop massively. Perjury = faster kill :P

1 passive doesnt change that much in dps output ^^

Edited by Dryadria
  • Like 2

Ciritty    169

While in theory the DPS gain of DoD especially with its current hinder and on fights like MT is so minimal, Perjury is still a larger DPS loss on paper... but is it really?

I find that people without Pistol Shotgun minors/signets on weapons (Heck the majority of pugs don't even have 10.4.4 shotguns and pistols while they may have better main weapons altogether) and the lack of their use of the weapon combination and thus resulting in difficulties with staying on target while effectively avoiding everything; Perform worse than they would with the builds they're used to.

It's very very rare to find people that can use pistol shotgun effectively during Machine Tyrant if it's not already their choice of weapon.

That said, tanks that are gearing up don't have penetration rating while this can be fixed by slotting Fatal Flourish they'll need to be aware of it and understand it (There are still tanks that refuse to use pen rating as well).

In any team that bursts down Machine tyrant to 50-40% HP at the start I would not suggest perjury, any other team it's more likely than not a DPS gain to use perjury due to human limitations not statistical ones.

PS: Healers should have absolutely no problem cleansing their own debuff whatsoever their lack of pen is not a factor under any circumstance since they're either using blood or pistols already.

Edited by Ciritty
  • Like 2

Shivvies    59

Well, with all the groups I ran, including my own Cabalites, other close friends and PUGs, we always run perjury AND at least a couple of cleanups (and as a lazyrota myself, I also run a win-win or two). It is not always polite to ask what penetration rating people have :P

Making MT a smooth run is more important than MOAR numbers for most people I encounter. Mileages, obviously, may vary.

Cheers!

• Like 1