Sign in to follow this  
Vikestart

Cleanup vs Perjury - Machine Tyrant

Escritores    71

Perjury :x

​Problem with this being it's only for yourself, cleanup is teamwide, 1-2 slotting 1 elite vs. 5 people in team slotting 5 passives (healer if fist having to slot something else) is not really a good trade off... ;)

Also neither is needed with a fisthealer with win-win or cleanup for that matter... But yeah there's multiple options... :)

It also depends on the group some run 1 cleanup, some run 2, some run 3 etc, some don't use it...

So short answer to "Is this true?" is no... :)

Edited by Escritores
  • Like 1

Vikestart    106

I disagree.

You usually need 3x Cleanup because otherwise the healer will have a hard time unless it's a damn fine healer. You're also dependant on the rotation being perfectly executed by every person with the Cleanup ability, which from my experience, people tend to mess up fairly often.

Perjury simplifies things.

Escritores    71

I disagree.

You usually need 3x Cleanup because otherwise the healer will have a hard time unless it's a damn fine healer. You're also dependant on the rotation being perfectly executed by every person with the Cleanup ability, which from my experience, people tend to mess up fairly often.

​Simplifies or wastes a passive slot... Is basicly where we disagree... With 3 cleanups you're completely safe from everything even if people completely fubar the casts with even a mediocre healer, has to be a terrible healer in every way if they can't deal with it with 3 slotted. 1 or 2 was allways the norm when I ran a ton of NMs granted I never did PUG much in my NM run prime.

But yeah as we both atlest agree on there's multiple options for cleanses besides cleanup... :D

kuro    113

I disagree.

​*could not add a quote on a post via editing :( *

Perjury works if you can get a hit often on MT. There will be times when you need to run quite far to avoid aoes tho.
(I tend to die when that happens xD KC or no). 
I have been in a group with only 2 CUs. The healer was epic tho. Our CU timing MUST be perfect xD (Using CU when lifeburn is at 10s tends to cleanse the current and the next batch of CU)

Vikestart    106

With 3 cleanups you're completely safe from everything even if people completely fubar the casts with even a mediocre healer, has to be a terrible healer in every way if they can't deal with it with 3 slotted.

​Execpt you're not.

• You're dependent on a perfectly executed Cleanup rotation, which people mess often too often because there's so many other things to pay attention to.
  • You're screwed if any of the Cleanup people die.

So many risky variables that the chance of failure is significantly higher than with Perjury.

I find that with Perjury we often kill the MT on the first try because we don't need to divide our attention to the Cleanup rotation, but instead get to focus solely on everything else. :)

What's more important? Attempting to kill the MT 20-30 seconds faster, or staying alive to kill it with much greater chance of success? I prefer the latter. :P

PS! I'm not talking about very organised top-end DPS groups here, just normal average groups.

Escritores    71

​Execpt you're not.

• You're dependent on a perfectly executed Cleanup rotation, which people mess often too often because there's so many other things to pay attention to.
  • You're screwed if any of the Cleanup people die.

So many risky variables that the chance of failure is significantly higher than with Perjury.

I find that with Perjury we often kill the MT on the first try because we don't need to divide our attention to the Cleanup rotation, but instead get to focus solely on everything else. :)

What's more important? Attempting to kill the MT 20-30 seconds faster, or staying alive to kill it with much greater chance of success? I prefer the latter. :P

To answer your two lists thingies first:​

• You're not at all dependent on a perfect cleanup rotation with 3 slotted at all unless the healer is absolutely terrible and not paying attention. And if 3 slotted and all 3 DPS cast it at the same time they're terrible and/or not paying any attention anyway.
  • You can cast cleanup from spawn so nope...

Killing MT has basicly never been a issue for me in the groups i've been in due to missing cleanses, it's allways been a matter of people derping the targets, aoes and so on. So let's say that's a 1/100 risk (Unless terrible healer as stated earlier). I've done it a million times as all roles, healing the dot was never the issue. If you as a healer doubt your group at MT you slot win-win and problem solved.

So is it worth slotting a passive due to something that might possibly happen once in a blue moon, not really tbh... Example: It's like slotting 6k HP as DPS for all dungeons just because maybe tank will loose aggro, or you might stand in fire and you might get hit, noone does it...

Don't get me wrong, perjury is nice... For PVP... :P

On a maybe a little more serious note, if you feel safer with it, by all means use it, if you feel safest with 5xcleanup, 5xperjury, 5xwin-win etc etc slotted at the same time in a team then do it, most important thing is the big guy dies.

Edited by Escritores

Vikestart    106

I don't know if you're playing the same game as me, but my experiences are nothing like what you describe. :P

People are clumsy and unreliable... xD

kuro    113

CU does have a range tho. ;)
From the anima well and the party is on the upper left corner of the map, CU won't get to them.