Sign in to follow this  
Auroris

Firefly vs Game of Thrones

Firefly vs Game of Thrones  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Firefly or Game of Thrones

Auroris    160

the story that unexpectedly kills off characters.

​I'm not sure it's unexpected. If in doubt, any character you care to name is going to get killed off.

albahtar    35

​Game of Thrones is also a good show but it doesn't quite capture everything the books evoked.​

​Was gonna make a point, but you are quite true there.... IMHO the underlying point of the books is that how evil someone is to the exterior world, bottom line everyone acts out of the best internal motives that person has, even if misguided. Hence, people should not be judged, since "evil" arises out of contingency and experience. It makes a strong point in the nature/nurture question, leading ultimately (as always) to the free will existence debate. This is already an implicit understanding, subjective perhaps, of the books, and it is even less clear from the tv show unfortunately since the internal point-of-view is lost, inevitably.

However, it still features very complex characters, written in a quite consistent and realistic way and played with good acting. Something that I do not recall being as great in Firefly as in the former. Agreed, there is more to a tv show than characters and acting... Firefly's setting and photography is great for example (side point: if you have not watched it, the cgi Clone Wars show has amazing art and photo, makes it worth watching for that alone).

So yeah, to me GoT comes first, but it might be because I've read the books beforehand.

Edited by Vikestart

Vikestart    106

I've only just begun to watch Game of Thrones (1 episode so far), and I like it a lot. :D

The concept of Firefly seems fairly good too, but I really think GoT appeals to me a lot more. And they got Sean Bean, so that's a plus. Although I hear everyone keeps dying. :P

Anyway, my vote at this point goes to GoT.

• Like 2

thechosenone    112

I've only just begun to watch Game of Thrones (1 episode so far), and I like it a lot. :D

The concept of Firefly seems fairly good too, but I really think GoT appeals to me a lot more. And they got Sean Bean, so that's a plus. Although I hear everyone keeps dying. :P

Anyway, my vote at this point goes to GoT.

​I agree with all of the above.