albahtar

Grand Slam Tank build

albahtar    35

So, I have been trying this deck as I was growing a bit bored of the usual aoe hate builders...

http://www.tsw-builder.com/#25v211222552535235561506p225530g21216421332251

It gives a bit of challenge in terms of adds (when really needed, i switched Full Momentum/Iron Maiden to Reality Fracture + passive or BlowOUt + passive), but Molten Steel + Metal Worker makes it a bit more relaxing than watching eleforce counters on top of all the casts to impair and stuff.

Dps turns out quite good, got over 1k on most 18 bosses, without augments, not many signets, and probably not optimised gear in general (my hammer was glyphed crit, so i had to switch Iron Maiden with Dark Potency, should be better with).

Comments and advices welcome.

Edited by Vikestart

Vikestart    106

I would definitely drop Metal Worker. You're actually lowering your DPS by taking that passive, as you remove the more precious crit bonus and trade it for a very tiny extra hit.

I would replace it with Elemental Force or 12 Gouge.

• Like 1

DarkMoonrise    17

hi,

I would definitely drop Metal Worker [...] I would replace it with Elemental Force or 12 Gouge.

Vikestart is right. More over if you don't debilitate your target as a tank, your healer will have some stressfull time. So 12 Gouge is necessary.

As a tank it's already tricky to synchronise EF with consumers (because of impair, etc, etc.) so sync EF *and* Momentum... So I would definitley replace Metal Worker with 12 gouge and be sure to have enough penetration to make it proc.

Dps turns out quite good, got over 1k on most 18 bosses

As a tank you have to be altruistic. Your role is to make the life of other simplier. It means DPS can switch their brain off and do the most awesome DPS ever. And the leecher's heal output should be as low as possible to allow her/him to do as much damage as possible. Your own DPS doesn't matter, it's only a bonus.

• Like 2

albahtar    35

hi,

Vikestart is right. More over if you don't debilitate your target as a tank, your healer will have some stressfull time. So 12 Gouge is necessary.

As a tank it's already tricky to synchronise EF with consumers (because of impair, etc, etc.) so sync EF *and* Momentum... So I would definitley replace Metal Worker with 12 gouge and be sure to have enough penetration to make it proc.

As a tank you have to be altruistic. Your role is to make the life of other simplier. It means DPS can switch their brain off and do the most awesome DPS ever. And the leecher's heal output should be as low as possible to allow her/him to do as much damage as possible. Your own DPS doesn't matter, it's only a bonus.

​Good points.

What's the link between Metal Worker and the EF/Momentum sync? I am not sure i see your point here...

I never really considered the heal/leech PoV but what you are saying makes sense. Although doing a bit of DPS as tank seems to be a bit more important now so as not to lose aggro with good groups and full augz DPS.

DarkMoonrise    17

Oh, I read again what I wrote and it doesn't make a lot of sense, you're right. There is no relation between EF/Momentum and Metal Worker. I was talking about the replacement of Metal Worker. Vikestart said to replace it with either EF or 12 Gouge and I was arguing against EF.

Yeah but keeping agro with a group with insane DPS is a very particular case. You can always slot vexing augment on your builder. In every case, you should use an agro enhanced builder + agitator.

• Like 1

Shivvies    59

I rarely have problems holding aggro unless I mess up my pull. That said, with insane DPS, as a tank, I do have problems holding aggro if I don't change anything and try to go as is.

That said, again with insane DPS, I don't think it is feasible to look for a more DPS route to cover aggro under normal circumstances. I do drop one health piece in favour of an AR piece when I need more hold but combining this with Stoicism is the best choice in those cases unless you have that nifty 500% hate Curio from Tokyo containers or you can do 2K+ DPS as tank.

Cheers...

• Like 1