Sign in to follow this  
Ciritty

Gearmanager use command upgrade

Question

Ciritty    169

Devrin asks:

Are there any plans on improving the /gearmanager use <build name> command to also allow the use of builds with Space between words in the name for example "Build 1" has space between build and 1 and cannot be used through the /gearmanager use <build name> command.

1 answer to this question

Glaucon    62

I believe that this is a limitation on the way that our chat system interprets parameters that are passed into it. Now, this is more on the gamecode side than the GUI side, but I have looked in the general area that this code resides in, and I think that the problem is likely to be that it interprets a space character as the end of the parameter. I know there are some similar issues when you're loading certain GUI elements from the chat interface and trying to pass them load parameters.

Since I would really need to do some extra digging to figure out the answer to this, I'll give you another one.

I'm interested in creating a better flow for people to rapidly switch between a few builds that they frequently use. I personally have a couple dozen builds, and scrolling through the gear manager interface to find the one I want can sometimes get a bit confusing. That's something that I would like to fix when I get the time, in one way or another.

• Like 4

Sign in to follow this